truenas scale Nextcloud 27.0.0_21.0.7 ingress issue

wili4m

Explorer
after long time waiting new version, now can't do upgrade always show error
any idea how to solve this issue? only upgrade nextcloud showing issue, upgrade other package no issue.

truenas version TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1
CPU i7 3770
ram 32GB
VGA Onboard

1687481307417.png

previous version
1687481541151.png

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 428, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 463, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1378, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1246, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 115, in upgrade await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 265, in upgrade_chart_release config, context = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1395, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1344, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 338, in normalise_and_validate_values dict_obj = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1395, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1344, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 53, in validate_values verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list

Last edited:

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
That error appeared before on every truecharts app when you wanted to upgrade. The only solution is to reinstall it.

Last edited:

Sepol

Dabbler
Well, I didn't upgrade, just deleted the app 2 months ago due to lack of updates and changes on Trains. But installing the new app was a breeze. Even with Ingress and Cloudflare DNS records. Started working on first attempt !

LarsR

Guru
The truecharts version got updated with their new common chart and therefore needs to be re-installed, you can't update as is.
You have to backup your nextcloud database, delete the old app, reinstall the new version and restore your database from the backup.

Heres the migration guide from the truecharts homepage

wili4m

Explorer
fresh install new version, still can't login don't know why, try 2 browser still show same issue.
but i don't have issue with old version.

1687516277970.png

Last edited:

wili4m

Explorer
I just did a fresh installation myself today and had no problems.
please test with ingress on,
just today i found i don't have issue if ingress off, when ingress on stuck at login

Last edited:

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
I did a fresh install. I removed the previus install, I leaved everything on default parameters and still I get this error:
1687595533621.png

The deployment stucks at 4/7. How can I slove this? I removed at least 10 times and tried reinstall it.

Regards,
Csabi

wili4m

Explorer
I did a fresh install. I removed the previus install, I leaved everything on default parameters and still I get this error:
View attachment 67663

The deployment stucks at 4/7. How can I slove this? I removed at least 10 times and tried reinstall it.

Regards,
Csabi
how long u wait? this new version take long time to ready

If stuck u can try restart your nas.

Last edited:

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
how long u wait? this new version take long time to ready

If stuck u can try restart your nas.
I did many restarts and I was waiting till morning after the last deploy. Now I updated for the newer version of truenas (22.12.3.1) but no luck, I was on 22.12.3.

But I tried to install the default nextcloud from truenas, not from truecharts and the result is the same:
2023-06-24 12:19:43 Back-off restarting failed container
2023-06-24 12:17:55 Readiness probe failed: HTTP probe failed with statuscode: 500
2023-06-24 12:17:54 Readiness probe failed: Get "http://172.16.0.39:8000/readyz": dial tcp 172.16.0.39:8000: connect: connection refused

wili4m

Explorer
I did many restarts and I was waiting till morning after the last deploy. Now I updated for the newer version of truenas (22.12.3.1) but no luck, I was on 22.12.3.

But I tried to install the default nextcloud from truenas, not from truecharts and the result is the same:
2023-06-24 12:19:43 Back-off restarting failed container
2023-06-24 12:17:55 Readiness probe failed: HTTP probe failed with statuscode: 500
2023-06-24 12:17:54 Readiness probe failed: Get "http://172.16.0.39:8000/readyz": dial tcp 172.16.0.39:8000: connect: connection refused
i'm getting crazy with this new version. better don't delete old version before everything working well.
many time trying enable ingress it always stuck, don't know what i miss
add external service, don't why https not work, can't login from my devices using my domain

it never happen with old version.

if u nas not critical maybe u can do backup and reinstall the nas.

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
i'm getting crazy with this new version. better don't delete old version before everything working well.
many time trying enable ingress it always stuck, don't know what i miss
add external service, don't why https not work, can't login from my devices using my domain

it never happen with old version.

if u nas not critical maybe u can do backup and reinstall the nas.
Unfortunately I removed the original version when I saw here that somedody has no problem with the new, so I need to solve this somehow. But your deployment is finishing at least, my deploy is broken during the deployment... :(

My NAS has 20TB and half of it full with pictures, movies, series, etc. So the reinstall is not an option. :(

wili4m

Explorer
Unfortunately I removed the original version when I saw here that somedody has no problem with the new, so I need to solve this somehow. But your deployment is finishing at least, my deploy is broken during the deployment... :(

My NAS has 20TB and half of it full with pictures, movies, series, etc. So the reinstall is not an option. :(
Than good luck for u

Sepol

Dabbler
I just up upgrade from 2.00.21.01 to 27.0.0.21.0.2. 2 mins and 45 secs later, and one page refresh, it's everything ok.
Now with the correct Nexcloud version, "27".
On my Nexcloud phone app I tested acess and sharing and it's working fine outside my local network.
Nice work @truecharts Team !

wili4m

Explorer
I just up upgrade from 2.00.21.01 to 27.0.0.21.0.2. 2 mins and 45 secs later, and one page refresh, it's everything ok.
Now with the correct Nexcloud version, "27".
On my Nexcloud phone app I tested acess and sharing and it's working fine outside my local network.
Nice work @truecharts Team !
Do u enable ingress and connect to nextcloud server by domain or using tunnel vpn (cloudflared)?

Sepol

Dabbler

wili4m

Explorer
hmm I don't know what I miss, everytime reinstall still got problem if enable ingress.
i give up. o_O

CsabiDuke

Dabbler
Hello!

Now its alive! I fount the problem, I have too complicated admin password with "+!-" signs and it isn't like it. So now its good but I have ingress problems too. Its redirecting to the port 12000, and I can't do anything for it :D... Its a bit buggy yet but I hope its will be good after some debugging.

Last edited: