SOLVED Trouble getting multiple network locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChewNAS

Cadet
I'm not to great with these things, so excuse any blatant ignorance. I'll try and explain clearly. I've setup the NAS machine, made a volume in freenas for just my 500gb ssd, and have been able to network map it. Then I setup another volume for a 3tb drive in the nas machine, and when trying to network map I couldn't get it to work. So I deleted the 500gb volume, and was able to network map the 3tb volume. I then deleted the 3tb volume, and made a volume inside freenas with both 500gb ssd and 3tb drive, and was able to map that. But there lies my last problem, it gives me one big network drive, I want each hard drive to have it's own logo, for the best possible organization, and I can't quite get there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, between playing with this rack mount case, building it, trying to setup, i'm over 12 hours into this and I'm so ready to be done.

TheChewNAS

Cadet
the network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. Some general windows message kept popping up with that message. Which is why I undid and redid volumes, to make sure I had usernames, password, and location names correct. And thanks for the really fast reply!

TheChewNAS

Cadet
I would like to apologize to all for this post. Come to realized, all the stress from this caused me to make quite a novice and ignorant mistake, and exhaustion from working on this made me come here before I realized the issue. The problem is fixed, the missing step was I forgot a \ at the start of the network drive mapping. Novice mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.