Bizarre Freenas and plex issues.

jamesrgallen

Cadet
Hello, complete newbie I'm afraid. I've had a freenas server made from running for about 6 months now. I had a hard drive failure on a drive (just games so its ok) and swapped in a new drive. Whilst copying media files to the new drive the connection suddenly dropped on my windows machine, (internet and local). After this I cannot access my NAS from my windows machine, It either cant map the network drives or with SMB1 enabled can map them but cant access them. I can access my freenas dashboard fine, as well as my pihole console but not my plex server (locally or remotely).
I'll detail my very bodged together system:
i7-3770K
Gigabyte Z77 UP4-TH
16GBRAM
Boot pool: 500gb SSD
Pool 1: 3x 4TB RAIDZ1
Pool 2: 1x 6TB

Any help in remedying this would be much appreciated.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Can you access the NAS by Web GUI and/or SSH?

What is the status of your pools? (zpool status -v)

Can you confirm that the SMB service is running?

jamesrgallen

Cadet
Can you access the NAS by Web GUI and/or SSH?

What is the status of your pools? (zpool status -v)

Can you confirm that the SMB service is running?

I can access via both webgui and ssh. Pooll status is all good, only issue is missing cache on one pool which was a failed msata SSD but that failed months ago and the NAS has been operating fine since.

SMB service is running and SMB1 is enabled on PC and on Freenas I can now access the storage after adding my credentials to the SMB1 settings on the freeNAS but im stuck at 11.3MB/s whereas I was at gigabit speeds before.

In the end I deleted my plex installation to reinstall it however my reinstall fails with error: [EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] An error occured! Please read above occured, destroyed plex-plexpass.

Attachments

• 47a2dd152ed1643d24f9b3da6156b0af.png
    47a2dd152ed1643d24f9b3da6156b0af.png
    50 KB · Views: 194