SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O Memory Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, I'm using the vendor suggested memory for my supermicro board.

I bought two sticks of Hynix HMT41GU7MFR8C 8GB DDR3 memory.

I wanted to get two more sticks and I noticed my ram has "PB TO AD" on it after the part number.

memory 1.jpg

I am looking at some that are identical except it has "PB TO AE" after the part number.

memory 2.jpg

Is that something I need to be concerned with? Or will it it work? I know ram is finicky sometimes and wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I would try to pair the like sticks, but you should be fine. It looks like one set was made in 2008 and the other set was made in 2007 and it probably just indicates the different production run. Where it says, "2Rx8 PC3 - 12800E," is the important part because that tells the rank, speed and that it is error correcting. It could actually be from another vendor and still work. I have a system with two Hynix and two Kingston and it works perfectly. That whole second line of text is just the vendor part number.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and help.

I'm buying my ram used (obviously) to try and save some money. So this info helped a lot.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and help.

I'm buying my ram used (obviously) to try and save some money. So this info helped a lot.
It is a good idea to be cautious. Also, check the memory when you get it to ensure it is what you ordered. I bought some from eBay and they sent me the wrong kind by mistake. They were really good about exchanging it for me. They sent me registered memory when I needed unbuffered.

Yeah, I had one eBay seller refund me (which is a good thing) before they shipped because they wanted to verify the memory with the board I had. Turned out I messed up and was buying registered memory. I spent hours research and trying to make sure I was getting the right stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.