SMB Share - \\freenas is not accessable

SunnyG

Dabbler
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2, as part of the upgrade I decided to clear all my disks and recreate my Pools and Datasets.

I have successfully added the my FreeNAS to my Active Directory, and have been able to create some NFS shares without issue.

I am now trying to create a dataset and SMB share for access to my Windows Machines.

My goal is to have several SMB share's some with access for everyone (read/write) and some limited to certain users and groups.

I am starting off with those that should be accessible to everyone as I assumed this would be easier to do.

So far I have done the following:

1 - Created a Pool called Software
2 - Created a dataset (SMB type) called Software
3 - Enabled ACL using Default ACL Option as Open:
ACL.png

I have confirmed that the SMB service is started, and that the freenas IP can be resolved, however when I try and access the freenas I get the following error:
Error.png

Has anyone come across this issue and if so have you found a solution?
I get the error even if I try and access from the Domain Controller directly.

Thanks

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2, as part of the upgrade I decided to clear all my disks and recreate my Pools and Datasets.

I have successfully added the my FreeNAS to my Active Directory, and have been able to create some NFS shares without issue.

I am now trying to create a dataset and SMB share for access to my Windows Machines.

My goal is to have several SMB share's some with access for everyone (read/write) and some limited to certain users and groups.

I am starting off with those that should be accessible to everyone as I assumed this would be easier to do.

So far I have done the following:

1 - Created a Pool called Software
2 - Created a dataset (SMB type) called Software
3 - Enabled ACL using Default ACL Option as Open:
View attachment 39350

I have confirmed that the SMB service is started, and that the freenas IP can be resolved, however when I try and access the freenas I get the following error:
View attachment 39351

Has anyone come across this issue and if so have you found a solution?
I get the error even if I try and access from the Domain Controller directly.

Thanks
What's the output of midclt call activedirectory.get_state?

SunnyG

Dabbler
Hi Anodos,

Thanks clicking on it informed me that the SPN couldn't be set, so I tried with a Admin account and it showed as started, I now can access the network share, but now its prompting for a username and password when I try to connect to freenas, I will dig around and see if I have miss configured the pool or dataset.

Thank you for your help and pointing me to the write spot.

regards