Cannot access SMB share

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpediem79

Cadet
I have watched a couple of videos about how to build the share. I have checked the settings. I am not trying to do anything fancy. I just want to create an SMB share and access it from my Windows 10 Enterprise laptop.

I created the user account. I added that account to a new Group. I created the dataset and set it for windows. I then created the SMB share and permitted the group access to it.

When I try to access it using Windows explorer it says: The user name or password is incorrect

I have confirmed the username and reset the password twice.

I am scratching my head right now. :confused:

carpediem79

Cadet
One thing to add. My laptop is on a domain for my work. From what I have seen, that should not matter but I am not 100% sure. Also, on that thread, does the laptop, nas, or shared need to be apart of the same workgroup or should it not matter for credentials sake?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

carpediem79

Cadet
So, I watched that video already. I set up the share following the first video about a basic setup. It is not working though. I will try again, and maybe try creating a new account.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Have you checked that your client is not using outdated encryption? Make sure that it's connecting with at least SMB2 - lots of dubious software likes to change that registry setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.