Server won't boot after 11.1->11.2 update

Baggio4378

Cadet
Hi ,

I updated Freenas from the web gui from stable 11.1 to stable 11.2 and now the system won't boot.

It seems to spend a while here:

1555243279340.png

Before ending up with:

1555243150754.png

My knowledge of linux is limited to any help would be great. In particular how screwed is my data?

Best,

Raj

EDIT: seems like I just need to either wait for the systems to reboot several times or perform a reboot manually, eventually it seems to have worked

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
EDIT: seems like I just need to either wait for the systems to reboot several times or perform a reboot manually, eventually it seems to have worked
During an upgrade the system typically reboots several times and if you are using a USB Flash drive as the boot media then it can take a very long time for things to happen. da0 looks slow.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Verbatim Store-n-Go USB drives are very poor quality and I have had a couple of them fail for me. They just can't deal with the constant activity that FreeNAS puts on the boot media.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Verbatim Store-n-Go USB drives are very poor quality and I have had a couple of them fail for me. They just can't deal with the constant activity that FreeNAS puts on the boot media.
Freenas does not put constant activity on boot device. If you have your system dataset on it then yeah but other than that. It does a single read every 24h.