sabnzbd / sickbeard / couchpotato pbi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProtoSD

MVP
if you look at the source for the firefly pbi I did the tweak-rcconf right. basically it's just a script but it isn't run until after you enable the services in the gui. (that's at least how firefly seemed to work)

You're right, I just loaded firefly and there's no rc.conf in it's etc sub-directory. It doesn't make sense that the tweak-conf file is catting a file that isn't there....

Ok, I just clicked "Start" for the Firefly plugin in the GUI and it complains that rc.conf doesn't have "enable" set, so maybe there does need to be an rc.conf file in the /etc subdirectory for each plugin with the "plugin_enable="yes"".... It can't hurt to throw one in there and see if it works.

Ok, I also tried to change the firefly enable checkbox in the GUI and looked at /etc/rc.conf in the jail and nothing changed there either.
I added an rc.conf file for firefly also and it didn't update /etc/rc.conf when I tried to stop/start it.

Sorry, just thinking out loud....

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
You're right, I just loaded firefly and there's no rc.conf in it's etc sub-directory. It doesn't make sense that the tweak-conf file is catting a file that isn't there....

Ok, I just clicked "Start" for the Firefly plugin in the GUI and it complains that rc.conf doesn't have "enable" set, so maybe there does need to be an rc.conf file in the /etc subdirectory for each plugin with the "plugin_enable="yes"".... It can't hurt to throw one in there and see if it works.

Ok, I also tried to change the firefly enable checkbox in the GUI and looked at /etc/rc.conf in the jail and nothing changed there either.
I added an rc.conf file for firefly also and it didn't update /etc/rc.conf when I tried to stop/start it.

Sorry, just thinking out loud....

I was able to produce an rc.conf file from the gui, I forgot how but it successfully edited /etc/rc.conf
I finished my final super fast so I have some time to look a the python / html stuff tonight. Don't think we'll be able to finish this tonight but we should get a suitable plugins by the end of the week.

ProtoSD

MVP
I agree, I think it's going to take a little while longer to figure what is supposed to be working, and what parts of the GUI need some work ;)

I did just see how firefly updated rc.conf, but there are 2 popups with "Edit" and an "Enable" checkbox, one sets the enable variable in rc.conf, the other must tickle someone's Elmo ;)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I agree, I think it's going to take a little while longer to figure what is supposed to be working, and what parts of the GUI need some work ;)

I did just see how firefly updated rc.conf, but there are 2 popups with "Edit" and an "Enable" checkbox, one sets the enable variable in rc.conf, the other must tickle someone's Elmo ;)

lol, yeah whatever works. I don't even think we'd need an edit menu, at least not for v1.0 of this plugin. I say we just let the enable button enable the service. and the start/stop stop the service. we also need a way to disable the service which I don't think works in the firefly plugin yet

ProtoSD

MVP
I just found another inconsistency:

The docs say
5. If the PBI has a startup script, create resources/tweak-rc.conf.

But from looking at the firefly directory the file is named "tweak-rcconf", ticket time...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just found another inconsistency:

The docs say

But from looking at the firefly directory the file is named "tweak-rcconf", ticket time...

noticed that too, I just copied what they did after noticing that it worked in enabling the service in rc.conf

Kev

Cadet
You guys sound like you are making excellent progress, keep up the good work. Hope the final went well Joshua.

Hey keep up the good work =)! An I know this is still a WIP but what about some x86 love??? I know you'd only have to change the binaries...I'm just unsure about how this whole .pbi thing work at the moment. Cheers!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
after looking at the 'resources/control' file we'd also need to change that. once we get a completely GUI enabled version I'll cookup a 32bit one.

ProtoSD

MVP
Josh is busy with school stuff I think. He's made some more progress but said he won't have time until tomorrow to do more.

I'm trying to rebuild the port for Serviio with version 0.62 since the existing FreeBSD port is outdated (0.6.0.1) and it has the wrong dependencies.

The plugin system still has some glitches, like mounting and some other stuff, but we should have a few plugins ready by the release of 8.2.

Dave2802

Dabbler
Sounds like it's coming along nicely at the moment, plugins for 8.2 are going to be fantastic news for freenas

RawKiss

Cadet
Hey Guys

Please excuse any ignorance, I'm very new to all of this and have read through the posts and it looks like you are nearly there, if not already, with the plugins

I was wanting to find out if there was a maybe an updated link I could follow or set of directions to get the updated codes / plugins, as to follow from the start of the thread gets confusing and off-course with all the different updates etc I don't know where it is all at.

Looking forward to getting this sorted and thanks for all the guidance so far-its appreciated

Hello people, seems things are moving on for 8.2. this plugin system is really cool.
Just my adventure story on getting serviio running again...
Anyway for java i think it is time to forget the diablo jre and move on to openjdk since we have the space, and it could be better security wise i think.
so grabbed openjdk pbi and put it in from the gui, java will not start :( missing libz.so.6 possibly freebsd 9 thingy, trying to fool it with libz.so.5 gives version ZLIB_1.2.4_0 is needed...
got zlib.1.2.6 configured compiled installed on / on /usr/ symlinked libmaped failed :( heck got the older zlib.1.2.4 same story... wtf it should be working right?so much for the easy way...
finally added openjdk6 from packages. and java starts ok.
Next added serviio pbi. bummer! appears to start but logs spits java Nullpointer exception, then i notice serviio pbi has a jdk in it so maybe it just needs it's thing,
deleted previously added jdk package, fired up serviio from .sbin/serviiod java complains about missing library libjava.so... wtf found it lying around /usr/pbi/serviio-amd64/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/ tried to symlink it to /lib tried to add it in LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .sbin/serviiod nada... wtf
What's wrong with libraries in freebsd why don't they want to be found??? I am pretty sure if i copy the freaking libjava.so in every directory in the jail it will still not find it.

So any ideas?

Anyway I would prefer to have java on a separate plugin than putting it in every plugin that needs it...

ProtoSD

MVP
The Serviio port / PBI that currently exists is all frelled up. I agree about having a separate PBI for Java as there are a lot of different apps that use it, however the beauty of the Plugin system is that it keeps tracks of those dependencies and only installs the parts that aren't already installed.

I'm working on a "proper" plugin for Serviio with version .062 and was also going to abandon Diablo JRE because of the licensing requirements / having to download it separately.

While the plugin system is cool, for people that just want to get their apps going and aren't afraid of the command line, it's easier to just open a command prompt into the plugin jail and add your packages like a conventional FreeBSD system and use pkg_add.

@Athanasios, if you want to wait I'm part way through with the Serviio PBI. I've had a few distractions keeping me from working on it, but I should have at least a initial version to try in the next few days.

EDIT: A LOT of the PBI's in the repository have been automatically built with some script that just runs through the port directory and tries to convert them. That doesn't mean they work properly as a PBI, or have had any sort of testing as a PBI.

EDIT-2 Just for grins I uninstalled diablo-jre on my Serviio test machine and installed openjdk6 and without any other changes Serviio is working. So that at least confirms that Serviio will work without Diablo-JRE and the annoying license issues.

EDIT-3 Installing the OpenJDK6 PBI is a different/newer version of OpenJDK and has the library issues that @Athanasios mentioned above while installing OpenJDK6 using pkg_add does work although it tells you at the end of the installation to do:
Code:
======================================================================

This OpenJDK implementation requires fdescfs(5) mounted on /dev/fd.

If you have not done it yet, please do the following:

mount -t fdescfs fdesc /dev/fd

To make it permanent, you need the following line in /etc/fstab:

fdesc   /dev/fd         fdescfs         rw      0       0

======================================================================

Which can't be done in the jail but Serviio still works. The package version is openjdk6-b20_7. The whole Java thing is a major PITA!

Oh I can wait ok for the official, I was just trying to mess with the pbis and see how pbi they really are :) No pressure.
I just had a wild hope and then caught up in the why why why....

EDIT 1
Lol trying to run serviio 6.2 while I wait, I think I hit a bug in java that comes with package openjdk-7.0.122 possibly jdk6 to see here
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2011-March/043555.html
It will appear as a java exception in
[DiscoveryAdvertisementNotifier] Problem during retrieving list on NetworkInterfaces, will try again, (java exception rant)
Going to update java from ports and see if it goes away...
EDIT 2 yup it goes away...

ProtoSD

MVP
The developers suggested we wait until the RC stage before trying to work on plugins. There too many changes happening and if you notice, even the 3 plugins that are being provided by the FreeNAS team are still stuggling with problems.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Version 0.6 - testers needed

I spent some time and implemented some changes to the 4 plugins. I really need i386 testers too as my system is 64bit..

TEST PROCEDURE (plugin = sabnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato/headphones)
-install pbi
-add 'plugin_enable = "YES"' to /etc/rc.conf
-run 'service plugin start'
-anything else you want to test - stopping it, checking status

DEPENDENCIES (I am using pbi_create to build these. I add all of the dependencies each plugin needs to run, this is why the source is so large.)
sabnzbd - python27 py27-cheetah py27-openssl py27-sqlite3 py27-yenc sqlite3 par2cmdline gettext unrar unzip
sickbeard - python27 py27-cheetah py27-openssl py27-sqlite3 sqlite3
couchpoato - python27 py27-sqlite3 sqlite3
headphones - python27 py27-sqlite3 sqlite3

CHANGELOG
-source now packages for 32 and 64 bit
-added baseurl shutdown support to init for sickbeard and headphones, sabnzbd doesn't need it, and I couldn't get baseurl working in couchpotato
-added all needed dependencies for each plugin
-init now kills plugin if it cannot gracefully shutdown the plugin

SOURCE
http://eto.homeip.net/usenet-0.6.tar.gz (it's 150MB so it may take a while)

Stefan Reek

Cadet
I have tried couchpotato and Sickbeard.
Both of them seem to work properly, except for the treemenu in the Freenas UI.
I can see the following messages:
May 29 12:36:32 localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.50.118/plugins/couchpotato/_s/status: HTTP Error 500: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
May 29 13:08:18 localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.50.118/plugins/sickbeard/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
May 29 13:08:18 localhost Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.50.118/plugins/couchpotato/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

The nginx error logs show the following messages:
2012/05/29 13:08:18 [error] 4824#0: *35602 kevent() reported about an closed connection (61: Connection refused) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.50.118, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/couchpotato/_s/status HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://192.168.50.195:12348", host: "192.168.50.118"
2012/05/29 13:08:18 [error] 4824#0: *35604 kevent() reported about an closed connection (61: Connection refused) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.50.118, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/sickbeard/_s/status HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://192.168.50.195:12349", host: "192.168.50.118
"

I'm running the amd64 versions of the plugins. Let me know if you need any more information

Status
Not open for further replies.