SABNzbd not connecting to host

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Self

Contributor
Hi, I am a FreeNAS newbie having only just installed my server yesterday.

I have installed my first plugin (SABNzbd). When I start the plugin I am presented with the SABNzbd Quick-Start Wizard. I have entered the details of one of my newsgroup hosts. When I try to test the connection I am getting the following error message - [Errno 61] Failed to connect: (60, '[Errno 65] No route to host') -1@europeSSL.altbinaries.com:563

I am connecting to this host on my laptop without a problem, so there must be some problem with the network setup on the FreeNAS server. Any suggestions on how I can track down the issue?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would check you can resolve that domain name from the jail. trying pinging it.
if that doesn't work, make sure your jail's /etc/resolv.conf is correct.

Tony Self

Contributor
I would check you can resolve that domain name from the jail. trying pinging it.
if that doesn't work, make sure your jail's /etc/resolv.conf is correct.
Thanks for the suggestions, but how do i resolve the domain from the jail?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Tony Self

Contributor
I can successfully ping from the FreeNAS shell, but how do I ping from sabnzbd's jail?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I can successfully ping from the FreeNAS shell, but how do I ping from sabnzbd's jail?
open a console to the jail. either use jexec, or use the terminal button on the Jails tab

Tony Self

Contributor
Thanks Joshua. I have found the terminal now. It doesn't appear until you highlight the entry, so i wasn't seeing it straightaway. I have tested all three of the hosts I use and they all ping correctly.

What's the next step? If I can ping the hosts, I don't see why the SABNzbd test is failing.

Do I need to add some storage space?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would double check your SSL setting, possibly also try making the hostname all lowercase.

if that doesn't work, I'd ask on the sabnzbd forum. I can connect to my server using SSL just fine

Tony Self

Contributor
I was using all lowercase on my other two servers. It is only the europeSSL.altbinaries.com server that specifies the SSL part in uppercase on the site, so that's how I entered it. I have been using these three hosts (the other two are eu.newsdemon.com and us.newsdemon.com) on my previous SABNzbd installation on my Amahi server without problem. I also use those hosts on my NewsBinPro app on my Windows installation, so I know there's not a problem with those hosts.

I will ask on the SABNzbd forum and see whether I can get any further there.

Thanks for your help Joshua. It has certainly helped with my understanding of how Plugins and Jails work, though I may need more help when I get on to Sickbeard, Couchpotato and finally Plex.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
did you ever double check your SSL setting and make sure that was checked?

Tony Self

Contributor
Yes SSL was checked on all three hosts. There have been some more developments. I have skipped through the wizard even though I was getting an error with the initial host. I have now added all three hosts. Initially I was getting the same error with them all. I then thought I would try putting in the IP addresses instead. In each case the test connection worked, so it was definitely a DNS issue. I checked through the DNS entries on my wireless router and found one entry that was just pointing to my fibre router. I removed that and just left the two OpenDNS entries and I then found that the us.newsdemon.com hostname would work, but the other two wouldn't. All very strange.

Anyway the main thing is I have got host connection. I now just have to complete the rest of the config and get it working with Sickbeard. Are there any notes anywhere which gives advice on the best way to configure SABNzbd, Sickbeard, Plex and Couchpotato and get them working together?

Again, thanks for all your help so far.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
There are tons of guides online on how to configure those programs together either for FreeNAS or for other operating systems you could adapt.
I personally maintain a listing of my method of using sabnzbd+sickrage+couchpotato+transmission with nzbtomedia scripts on my blog (jruehlig.com) and hundred of people have used that to successful setup systems.

Tony Self

Contributor
There are tons of guides online on how to configure those programs together either for FreeNAS or for other operating systems you could adapt.
I personally maintain a listing of my method of using sabnzbd+sickrage+couchpotato+transmission with nzbtomedia scripts on my blog (jruehlig.com) and hundred of people have used that to successful setup systems.
I tried to have a look at your blog but both my laptop and my iPad warned me of an infection, so I have steered clear. I must admit this is the first site I have visited where i have got a warning. Are you aware of this?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I tried to have a look at your blog but both my laptop and my iPad warned me of an infection, so I have steered clear. I must admit this is the first site I have visited where i have got a warning. Are you aware of this?
lol, I have heard some people (probably all windows users) getting that warning. some stupid anti-virus software thinks anything hosted from a residential IP address block is dangerous.

Tony Self

Contributor

Status
Not open for further replies.