SABnzbd Downloading Coming to Standstill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggoldfingerd

Explorer
SABnzbd has been working great for the past few years until maybe about 1 month ago. My downloads just come to a standstill which seems to be random. Some nzb's download without issues, but others get stuck in the downloading process. Once this occurs, I can add nzb's that downloaded successfully, move them above the stuck ones, and they will not download. Restarting SABnzbd will cause the previously downloaded one to download again successfully, then SABnzbd will get stuck at the same nzb that was originally stuck.

I have found this in the web GUI warning:

Warning
2017-03-13 07:22:03,273ERROR:[13/Mar/2017:07:22:03] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py",
line 670, in respond response.body = self.handler() File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py",
line 220, in __call__ self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py",
line 60, in __call__ return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/interface.py",
line 536, in api return api_handler(kwargs) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/api.py",
line 113, in api_handler response = _api_table.get(mode, (_api_undefined, 2))[0](name, output, kwargs) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/api.py",
line 584, in _api_addurl nzo_ids.append(sabnzbd.add_url(name, pp, script, cat, priority, nzbname)) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/__init__.py",
line 553, in add_url future_nzo = NzbQueue.do.generate_future(msg, pp, script, cat, url=url, priority=priority, nzbname=nzbname) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/decorators.py",
line 32, in newFunction return f(*args, **kw) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/nzbqueue.py",
line 278, in generate_future self.add(future_nzo) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/decorators.py",
line 32, in newFunction return f(*args, **kw) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/nzbqueue.py",
line 385, in add nzo.nzo_id = sabnzbd.get_new_id('nzo', nzo.workpath, self.__nzo_table) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/decorators.py",
line 32, in newFunction return f(*args, **kw) File "/usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sabnzbd/__init__.py", line 889, in get_new_id raise IOError IOError

Sometimes the debug GUI doesn't have any warnings when this happens. My sabnzbd.log can be found at

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4c7XeIz9DLBbVFMWk1NY0s5ZGM

This almost seems like some sort of permissions error where the temporary files cannot be saved. I have confirmed my permissions are still media:media under var/db/sabnzbd. I did chown sabnzbd folder recursively with media:media to be sure, restarted, but I still encountered the same issue.

upload_2017-3-13_9-36-48.png

Also, I can still use the web GUI to speed test the temporary download folder and the completed download folder.

upload_2017-3-13_9-36-36.png

If I really had permission errors I should expect the speed test to fail along with every download to get stuck.

I'm using
FreeNAS-9.10.2-U1 (86c7ef5)
SABnzbd Plugin 1.2.1

What could be the problem?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
your log shows permission issues in /var/db/sabnzbd/admin/future
I have no clue how permissions are changing mid-download for you.

what's the output of 'ls -l /var/db/sabnzbd/admin/future'

ggoldfingerd

Explorer
Also, I did delete the plugin and reinstall it. However, I copied the /var/db/sabnzbd back in to keep all of my settings and logs. I still had the same issue before and after.

I thought this had something to do with my temp files as I had almost 2TB. I used the scheduler in SABnzbd to delete all failed downloads. No change. I have no idea exactly what caused this to start happening.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling its the stupid 'media' user FreeNAS started creating.

can you show the outputs when actually logged into the jails userland. possibly the media user is mapped to a different UID in the jail then the host OS

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
well I see no reason sabnzbd couldn't write there. I'd post your log on their forum

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no prob, goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.