SabNzbd won't work (properly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oelc

Dabbler
I'm fairly new to Freenas and am upgrading form a synology with sabnzbd and sickbeard running on it. I want to do the same thing with Freenas except I seem to have issues with permissions i think.

My system exist of 2 zfs volumes: one for main storage and the other is an old ssd for plugins/jails and temp. storage for downloads. In my ssd volume i create two datasets: Jails and downloads. and set permissions to sabnzbd (created this user myself) and all 9 checkboxes are checked (777). I make two shares CIFS pointing to the two zfs volumes i created.

After that i install the sabnzbd from the plugins > available > sabnzbd > install > yes. After this is finished, I can run sabnzbd and access the quickstart, but i get a 'invalid server adress' when i test my server settings. The webgui of sabnzbd works all fine, but it won't fetch any nzb file nor will it save any changes i make in settings (i get an "failed") nor can i test my servers...

When i want to restart freenas in the hope all errors will disappear, i cant start sabnzbd plugin: 'some error occured'.

in the footer of freenas it says:
"manage.py: [plugins.utils:92] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.8.209/plugins/sabnzbd/1/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway"

Also i can ping google.com and nslookup google.com from freenas shell. But when i use the jail shell from sabnzbd_1 it cant..

My system:
BuildFreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64 (fdbe9a0)
PlatformIntel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1820 @ 2.70GHz
Memory20112MB

D

dlavigne

Does the /etc/resolv.conf file in the jail match the one from the shell of the FreeNAS system?

Oelc

Dabbler
yes, the both say:
nameserver 212.54.40.25
nameserver 212.54.44.54

(I didn't know witch file from the jail you meant but:
..\Jails\.warden-template-pluginjail\etc\resolv.conf
is the same as:
..\Jails\sabnzbd_1\etc\resolv.conf
and they are also identical)

The resolv.conf from the shell of FreeNas i got from running "resolvconf -l" in the shell

Oelc

Dabbler
isn't there a special user/group for the Jails/plugins, which you can't see in the 'normal' way? (account > users or account > groups).

I find it rather strange and unsafe to open the shares/datasets to everyone, just so i can run a plugin. I remember when i installed sabnzbd on my synology (also not that easy to accomplish) there was a special user for sabnzbd.

Whattteva

Wizard
yes, the both say:
nameserver 212.54.40.25
nameserver 212.54.44.54

(I didn't know witch file from the jail you meant but:
..\Jails\.warden-template-pluginjail\etc\resolv.conf
is the same as:
..\Jails\sabnzbd_1\etc\resolv.conf
and they are also identical)

The resolv.conf from the shell of FreeNas i got from running "resolvconf -l" in the shell
The file he wants is whichever jail is having problem (in your case, the sabnzbd). Since they're both identical, then this is obviously moot.
isn't there a special user/group for the Jails/plugins, which you can't see in the 'normal' way? (account > users or account > groups).

I find it rather strange and unsafe to open the shares/datasets to everyone, just so i can run a plugin. I remember when i installed sabnzbd on my synology (also not that easy to accomplish) there was a special user for sabnzbd.
Well, I don't know if there are any changes in 9.2.1.7 that would otherwise alter my understanding of the jails (9.1.1), but each jail basically has its own set of users/groups. It is, after all, designed to be a sandbox environment.
I personally do not use sabnzbd, but I believe, the convention for plugins is that a special user would be setup for whatever plugin service is running (in your case, sabnzbd). You can verify this with the command
cat /etc/passwd
It will typically be located near the bottom of the list. EDIT: Do this command from within the jail.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

users in a jails userland and in FN's userland are totally separate. the sab plugin runs as the 'media' user UID=816. this user only exists in the jail unless you create it in FN

Oelc

Dabbler
i tried a factory reset and create a user media wit id 816, before installing the plugin, without succes.

I think there maybe a problem with my router setup, why does the sabnzbd plugin needs a new ip-address? Why not use a port specifier at the end of a ip? Like 192.168.1.1:5053 (if freenas has ip 192.168.1.1).

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you factory reset over a plugin?!

freenas installs plugins in FreeBSD jails. these are Virtual machines, that have their own network stack (IP address), isolated filesystem/userland. any jails you make need to be able to get their own IP. this works perfectly on any network I've ever managed(pfsense/ddwrt router). but it seems like some people have issues with this.

Oelc

Dabbler
while I'm still unable to get the plugin downloading i'm trying everything, some maybe a bit extreme.

What suggestion do you (or anyone) have to solve the problem? I cant:
  1. save any settings in sabnzbd plugin
  2. test a server
  3. ping any address from sabnzbd jail. (or nslookup for that matter.

Oelc

Dabbler
i found a solution, by disabling in my routersettings:

-Enable internet access only for PCs allocated by DHCP Server
-Block MAC address on the list with wrong IP address
-Block MAC address not on the list

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
not, sure. the saving should work because sabnzbd should have permission to write in it's data directory. it's never not worked for me but maybe someone else will have an idea

Oelc

Dabbler
after i have added the mac-address of the jail and left 'Enable internet access only for PCs allocated by DHCP Server' unchecked, i can download and save settings, at last!

is there a option so you can let a dhcp server choose a ipaddress for the jail(s)?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I don't think so otherwise id use it. maybe just set the MAC-IP mapping in your router, while also setting the IP in the jail

Status
Not open for further replies.