Sabnzbd and restarting NAS

• Thread starter Deleted member 37853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37853

Hi all,

I have problems with the Sabnzbd plugin. The problem is that the downloads don't work after a restart, of normal shutdown/startup of my NAS.
I went on holiday, so I shutted down my NAS. Before I shutted it down, Sabnzbd was working correctly and downloading went perfect. But every time after a reboot or shutdown/startup (firmware upgrade, or holiday, every system startup) sabnzbd doesn't work anymore like it did.

What I normally with this problem: delete plugins (Sabnzbd and Plex) and delete jails. Wipe my Jials SSD and begin to reinstall both plugins. After that it works fine again.

I have 3 Volumes: Data, Media and Jails.
Jails is only for the plugins and jails, Data is the pool where my Downloads folder is on. Via Jails/Storage my /mnt/Data/Downloads is 'connected' to my Sabnzbd. After starting the plugin i can set the right folder in sabnzbd. So there is no problem. It set the permissions for the download folder in sabnzbd to 777.

As i said, this way everything works fine. But after a restart sabnzbd doesnt start the downloading anymore, and sometimes I get an error: cannot change permissions for folder INCOMPLETE.

So why is Sabnzbd able to change permissions, and work like it should, before it shutdown/restart, and after that it is not able to change the permissions on that very same folder????

I noticed that when I add a volume via the zfs volume manager, the default action is to set lz4 for compression, and atime and zfs dedup is on 'Inherit'.
If I do that with the Jials volume, it has some problems too. So I DO NOT set any compression, atime is off, and zfs dedup is also off. Just to tackle the problem.

Hope you can help me, because i dont want to reinstall my plugins every time after a shutdown/reboot.

Thx all.

Ronald

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sounds like a bug. next time it happens can you try running 'service sabnzbd onestart' in the sabnzbd jail?

D

Deleted member 37853

Hi,

The problem still exists. I was downloading a 33 Gb movie, and around 6 Gb sabnzbd stops downloading. It just stops. Sabnzbd says again: cannot change permission of /var/db/sabnzb/Downloads/incomplete.

My Jails point /var/db/sabnzb/Downloads/incomplete to /mnt/Data/Downloads. That is the pool where my downloads arrive. But no matter what I do, every time sabnzbd can not change permissions of folders. And the most strange part: I downloaded many movies without this problem, and after I slept, it couldnt download anymore.
Now I tried another folder, to download to, but sabnzbd just doenst even start the download anymore.

Please.. help me.

thanks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,

The problem still exists. I was downloading a 33 Gb movie, and around 6 Gb sabnzbd stops downloading. It just stops. Sabnzbd says again: cannot change permission of /var/db/sabnzb/Downloads/incomplete.

My Jails point /var/db/sabnzb/Downloads/incomplete to /mnt/Data/Downloads. That is the pool where my downloads arrive. But no matter what I do, every time sabnzbd can not change permissions of folders. And the most strange part: I downloaded many movies without this problem, and after I slept, it couldnt download anymore.
Now I tried another folder, to download to, but sabnzbd just doenst even start the download anymore.

Please.. help me.

thanks
This is not a permission problem caused by user error and not an issue with the plugin.
I do not recommend mounting over /var/db/sabnzbd/*, please instead mount to /mnt/Downloads, and then set an absolute path for sabnzbd's download folders.

If you are still having issues it may be something overwriting the ownership of the downloads folder. you should check the permissions and make sure 'media' (UID 816) owns the folder, or at least can write to the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.