SABnzbd HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Why was the bug closed? They only fixed transmission, what about Sickbeard, Headphones, Sabnzbd, and Couchpotato? All of those are throwing 502 errors on my system as well.

They also didn't really outline how to fix this issue in transmission in n00b friendly instructions.

Also, is there a way to update the jail instead of reinstalling it to fix the issue?
Are you having this issue with sickbeard/headphones/sabnzbd/couchpotato? I fixed the issues related to the python meta port a long time ago, so whatever you are experiencing is a different issue.

EDIT
Can you confirm if fresh installs of these plugins give you issues?

azwillnj

Dabbler
I will check when I get home. I have not configured headphones yet so I feel comfortable deleting that and reinstalling. Should I kill the existing jail first then restart and install? Let me know what order you want me to do things in and if you want any logs or anything. I would love to figure out whats wrong and get it fixed rather than having to reinstall all the jails.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
just install new ones, you don't need to touch your existing installs.

can you try all of them, I think I updates headphones somewhat recently so the issue might be gone in specifically that one.

thanks!

webstaff

Cadet
Just thought I'd add my penny piece to this to say I get 502 errors on all plugins even after a fresh install,

I'm coming in over the weekend to have a few more hours play/debug with it but I suspect I might just bin it off and use one of my Proxmox node with some turnkey applications to replicate what I though Jails would give me in Freenas as reading through 1000+ posts it looks like this just doesn't work well... :( In my case it has never worked even on fresh installs.

Regards

Dave

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just thought I'd add my penny piece to this to say I get 502 errors on all plugins even after a fresh install,

I'm coming in over the weekend to have a few more hours play/debug with it but I suspect I might just bin it off and use one of my Proxmox node with some turnkey applications to replicate what I though Jails would give me in Freenas as reading through 1000+ posts it looks like this just doesn't work well... :( In my case it has never worked even on fresh installs.

Regards

Dave

sorry to hear that. I haven't had any issues with plugins working in 9.2.1.x but I do remember having issues with the repo displaying after a updating to 9.2.1.5. after a reboot everything worked as expected.

azwillnj

Dabbler
just install new ones, you don't need to touch your existing installs.

can you try all of them, I think I updates headphones somewhat recently so the issue might be gone in specifically that one.

thanks!

Headphones installed fine, I didn't try any others but I did restart, which killed them before, and headphones was fine. Is there any way to fix the plugins I have installed now? I dont want to reconfigure everything.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Headphones installed fine, I didn't try any others but I did restart, which killed them before, and headphones was fine. Is there any way to fix the plugins I have installed now? I dont want to reconfigure everything.
what versions of the broken plugins do you have? if the issue is the python meta port you just need to add "2.7" to the control file.

azwillnj

Dabbler
what versions of the broken plugins do you have? if the issue is the python meta port you just need to add "2.7" to the control file.

Sorry for the size, I have a MBPr.
CfQbk7l.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the size, I have a MBPr.
CfQbk7l.png
it doesn't look like it's my plugins fault because headphones v2.1 breaks inconsistently. looks like it is something with the underlying freenas.

the most I could help you with is to backup, reinstall and restore your plugins.

azwillnj

Dabbler
So I finally decided to delete everything and start over. I dont know how but some of the settings stayed in the plugins and some of the mounts stuck around.. Some of the mounts still work, others dont, the mount for my DL folder for sickbeard failed, and now I cant add it back.. I get the error message:

May 27 22:13:00 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/Storage/Work/SABnzbd/Complete/TV: Mount failed (64) -> mount: /mnt/Storage/Jails/sickbeard_1/SABtvDL: No such file or directory ]

any suggestions?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So I finally decided to delete everything and start over. I dont know how but some of the settings stayed in the plugins and some of the mounts stuck around.. Some of the mounts still work, others dont, the mount for my DL folder for sickbeard failed, and now I cant add it back.. I get the error message:

May 27 22:13:00 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/Storage/Work/SABnzbd/Complete/TV: Mount failed (64) -> mount: /mnt/Storage/Jails/sickbeard_1/SABtvDL: No such file or directory ]

any suggestions?
Did you read the error message? It look like "/mnt/Storage/Jails/sickbeard_1/SABtvDL" is missing.

azwillnj

Dabbler
The check box for create folder was on, I did it like I've always done it...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The check box for create folder was on, I did it like I've always done it...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
sounds like a bug somewhere then. you can try manually creating the folder? maybe a file of the same name already exists or something.

azwillnj

Dabbler
Is there a way to completely destroy the jails? It seems like when you delete the plugin it leaves a bunch of crap behind.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is there a way to completely destroy the jails? It seems like when you delete the plugin it leaves a bunch of crap behind.
hmm, I think it should delete the jail. maybe you can try deleting the plugin then deleting the jail's dataset if it still exists.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you could create another dataset for them then set the plugins dataset on the said dataset. I wouldn't do it that way.

azwillnj

Dabbler
Well, I was thinking about putting it on a flash drive anyway so that it didnt have to spin the drive up to run the jails.. is that not a good idea?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well, I was thinking about putting it on a flash drive anyway so that it didnt have to spin the drive up to run the jails.. is that not a good idea?
You could try it and see if things work well. I would think it would be lower IOPs because flash drives are usually pretty slow, but letting your drives spin down sounds like a good idea to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.