SABnzbd HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparco

Cadet
I am also having the same problem. The change i did when it broked was changing the port on couchpotato från 5050 to 80 and tried to restart the service in the freenas web interface.

May 17 13:33:17 I-Like-Them-0-1 manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:526] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.1.200/plugins/couchpotato/3/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
EDIT:
After some searching i found out that if i trying to enter the http link i posted in the error message i get an error page. But if i change the 3 in that link to a 7 it works. Couchpotato got a new JID for some reason after i made a change. Could this be the bug we are searching for? That freenas dosent recognise the jail if it changes JID and therefor cant start the service?

Rush

Cadet
The wrong JID in the error's URL seems to be the case for me too. When I match it to the proper JLS it resolves.

azwillnj

Dabbler
This just happened to me. I finally got everything configured and all my existing TV shows processed through sickbeard and set up couchpotato, transmission, sab, ect... Then decided I had changed a lot of settings over the last TWO WEEKS of setting everything up so I would restart for good measure and now the only plugin that will run is Plex. Everything else gives the 502 bad gateway error. I have been googling for about 4 hours and haven't found anything that works. Does anyone have a solution?

So far, this is what I have done...

I tried upgrading to the latest beta thinking maybe that would help but it didn't, I was running the stable release before.
I did a zpool scrub and there is one bad file, but it's just an episode of TV, nothing that would cause this problem.
I changed the IP addresses of the jails.
I enabled and disabled VIMAGE, trying both ways.
I ran a SMART test and there are 311 sectors messed up, but again that's the file that doesn't matter.
I made sure the gateway was set.
I restarted everything including the router several times.
I changed the address of the jails to see if that was the problem.
I ran some strange shell commands I came across in my googling....

Nothing has worked!! I don't want to lose 2 weeks of configuring all this crap by reinstalling all the plugins. Someone please help..

Thanks,
Alex.

marcevan

Patron
Mine is similar. I get a 500 or 502 on transmission, and that occurred out of the blue one day.

I believe the issue is a mismatch from JLS to JID.

However, to fix this you need to go into the SQL but you need to know how and which table to operate on. I know from experience that plugin_plugins is the table underlying the installed plugins view (not the tree menu).

azwillnj

Dabbler
Mine is similar. I get a 500 or 502 on transmission, and that occurred out of the blue one day.

I believe the issue is a mismatch from JLS to JID.

However, to fix this you need to go into the SQL but you need to know how and which table to operate on. I know from experience that plugin_plugins is the table underlying the installed plugins view (not the tree menu).

I don't know how to do any of that, haha.. Can you elaborate?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

marcevan

Patron
Go a little earlier on this thread to page 1. You need to do sqllite from CLI.

marcevan

Patron

Mord_Sith

Cadet
Unsure if this is related or not, but I've started getting these errors after doing the following actions:
Modfying the CHMOD of plex folders in the plex jail for plugin access
Adding a few folders for plugin access
Altering the jail's IP (changed router)

It's now started spitting out the following errors:

freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:526] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.100.109/plugins/plexmediaserver/1/_s/treemenu: timed out
freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:92] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.100.109/plugins/plexmediaserver/1/_s/status: HTTP Error 504: Gateway Time-out

The IP displayed there is the internal server IP

marcevan

Patron
It's now a bug targeting 9.2.1.6

Issue #5038 has been updated by Jordan Hubbard.
  • Assignee set to John Hixson
  • Target version set to 9.2.1.6-RELEASE
Sounds pretty bad. John, if your plate is too full, feel free to reassign to Sean. He'll have to learn the innards a lot more than you'd have to, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

Mord_Sith

Cadet
Additional: (not sure if I should be posting this here or on the bug post)

I uninstalled the plex plugin, and now it's giving me the following error on attempt to re-install:
freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to download plugin]

This error's always prefaced with:
freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.100.200

Which that internal IP is for the Plex Jail that I have already uninstalled.

I can install other plugins without issue, and it seems to skip downloading the plex plugin.

Additional:

I was able to re-install the plugin using an older release of Plex and the manual install option.

Attempting to update this install fails every time; however, I can operate with Plex 9.8 at the moment without issue, somehow the Jail still remembered the .200 IP from the old Plex server regardless.

tallica

Cadet
I'm getting 502 errors with Transmission 2.82 plugin. It works without problems with version 2.77_1

marcevan

Patron
I get a recurring 500 not 502 with transmission 2.82.

Alas, the bug has been moved to 'Screened' in the 9.2.1.6 team bug list.

In short, I'm not asking for a code fix, but more documentation/understanding of how this happens and what can be done to fix.

Mord_Sith

Cadet
If I were a betting man, I'd say that the update / delete from the internal database (file or SQL based regardless) failed, leaving orphans or erroneous data behind.

Identifying factors include:
Remembering the old, manually entered data
Inability to add a plugin again over the old object (error being that it is already in the database)

As it stands, I can't update my Plex from the 9.8 version I'm using right now, not a biggie, and for those who have issue with their existing ones, look for a PBI file for the version you're loading and custom load it in, it'll create a new jail with a new name so it won't cause data issues.

jerrybme

Dabbler
It's now a bug targeting 9.2.1.6

Issue #5038 has been updated by Jordan Hubbard.
  • Assignee set to John Hixson
  • Target version set to 9.2.1.6-RELEASE
Sounds pretty bad. John, if your plate is too full, feel free to reassign to Sean. He'll have to learn the innards a lot more than you'd have to, but maybe that's not a bad thing.

I found a work around for me. I started experiencing this with transmission too after upgrading my motherboard & drives and moving to 9.2.1.5. I downloaded the older version of the transmission pbi
Code:
http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/transmission-2.77_1-amd64.pbi

then uploaded and installed it. I found it worked fine, I then used the update button and it updated to the latest version and I'm able to start the plugin with out the 502 error.

marcevan

Patron

azwillnj

Dabbler
Why was the bug closed? They only fixed transmission, what about Sickbeard, Headphones, Sabnzbd, and Couchpotato? All of those are throwing 502 errors on my system as well.

They also didn't really outline how to fix this issue in transmission in n00b friendly instructions.

Also, is there a way to update the jail instead of reinstalling it to fix the issue?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not all PBIs available were made by iXsystems. So not all of them are their responsibility to fix, nor do they have the inclination to fix what they didn't originally create. I'm not saying iX didn't make them, but the person that fixed that PBI may not use any of them and simply found out what was wrong with transmission and fixed it since that was what was discussed in the comments.

Noob friendly instructions are typically provided "as necessary" and typically it's "not necessary" as it is expected that you be able to reverse engineer a fix and apply it elsewhere as required.

FreeNAS isn't for the weak. If you aren't up to learning, spending long days and nights in Google learning this stuff, you may want to go back to your native OS while you still can. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.