Pugins won't start: Bad Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey, while I have your attention, I don't seem to have a /var/db/sabnzbd. Nothing in that dir corresponding to sab. Other ideas? Thanks so much for your time.
in older releases I used /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd. hopefully your stuff is there

caiazpa

Dabbler
Oh, I see - the file is within the jail itself. Do I need just the .ini or all of the files in this dir?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Oh, I see - the file is within the jail itself. Do I need just the .ini or all of the files in this dir?
I'd do everything, it might work either way though

caiazpa

Dabbler
So, just to close the loop, this did work.

I also just tried to install a new instance of Sickbeard, and that one starts and runs just fine. I will try the same with CP next. Any chance you can give me a pointer on how to copy settings from my broken instances to the new ones?

Thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So, just to close the loop, this did work.

I also just tried to install a new instance of Sickbeard, and that one starts and runs just fine. I will try the same with CP next. Any chance you can give me a pointer on how to copy settings from my broken instances to the new ones?

Thanks!
its either /var/db/PLUGIN or /usr/pbi/PLUGIN-amd64/etc/PLUGIN.

make sure to copy where the new one is expecting. there should be a directory there already.

caiazpa

Dabbler
Hmmm, so I copied over the contents of that directory, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be picking up my settings. Any other pointers? Thanks again!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hmmm, so I copied over the contents of that directory, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be picking up my settings. Any other pointers? Thanks again!
You copied over the files. (with the service Off / never started)
changed the ownership to 'media' UID=816
started the service.

And it's acting like a brand new install still?

caiazpa

Dabbler
Ah, I didn't do the chown.

Ok - so when I do a fresh install, I can start the plugin and access the WebUI. When I stop the plugin, copy the config over from the old instance, and then chown to media:media, the plugin will no longer start. So whatever the problem is, it's somewhere in there.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ah, I didn't do the chown.

Ok - so when I do a fresh install, I can start the plugin and access the WebUI. When I stop the plugin, copy the config over from the old instance, and then chown to media:media, the plugin will no longer start. So whatever the problem is, it's somewhere in there.
your running the chown from the FreeNAS host, or from inside the jail? If from the FN host, did you create your 'media' user with the same UID=816?

caiazpa

Dabbler
Running the chown from the FreeNAS host shell available through the gui (NOT the jail-specific shells). User media UID 816, group media GID 816.

Odd thing just happened when I checked the user and group settings. When I view the media user, if I click OK, I get an error on the user's home directory saying "The path must reside within a volume mount point" Home dir is /mnt/Data/media

I don't actually see that in my directory structure.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Running the chown from the FreeNAS host shell available through the gui (NOT the jail-specific shells). User media UID 816, group media GID 816.

Odd thing just happened when I checked the user and group settings. When I view the media user, if I click OK, I get an error on the user's home directory saying "The path must reside within a volume mount point" Home dir is /mnt/Data/media

I don't actually see that in my directory structure.
Ok, chown should work. Don't know what to tell you then. Home directory of 'media' user shouldn't matter.

caiazpa

Dabbler
Thanks for all of your help Josh. Man super frustrating issue, no idea what caused it. Recreating my sickbeard is extremely laborious. I wonder, is my Shows list available to be copied over separately? Worth a shot, because this is going to be extremely time consuming and error-prone.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for all of your help Josh. Man super frustrating issue, no idea what caused it. Recreating my sickbeard is extremely laborious. I wonder, is my Shows list available to be copied over separately? Worth a shot, because this is going to be extremely time consuming and error-prone.
If moving the datadirectory doesn't work, when you point sickbeard at your media folder, it should be able to tell what shows you had in your collection and let you add them. For downloaded ones it'll guess quality, based on file extension. It'll also not know what missing shows you had wanted or skipped. But in general you won't need to remember your show list, but forget all the minor details about episodes.

caiazpa

Dabbler
I wanted to provide one last follow up on this.

I grew tired of trying to manually re-add all of my shows from my series directory, so I thought I would give one last show to a re-install of sickbeard. Here's what I did.

1. Moved the contents of the /jails/sickbeard/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard to the jails root.
  2. Deleted the old broken instance of sickbeard
  3. installed a new instance of sickbeard
  4. created a bkup directory in the /jails/sickbeard/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard directory and copied all contents of /jails/sickbeard/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard to bkup (just in case)
  5. Copied the old datadirs from the old instance to the new instance
  6. Noticed that they defaulted to root:media, chowned to media:media
  7. Started Sickbeard, saw my shows listing, drank a celebratory beer.

Pretty sure this is exactly what you told me to do earlier Josh (albeit less verbosely). Seriously would have been lost without your help, you sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I wanted to provide one last follow up on this.

I grew tired of trying to manually re-add all of my shows from my series directory, so I thought I would give one last show to a re-install of sickbeard. Here's what I did.

1. Moved the contents of the /jails/sickbeard/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard to the jails root.
  2. Deleted the old broken instance of sickbeard
  3. installed a new instance of sickbeard
  4. created a bkup directory in the /jails/sickbeard/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard directory and copied all contents of /jails/sickbeard/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard to bkup (just in case)
  5. Copied the old datadirs from the old instance to the new instance
  6. Noticed that they defaulted to root:media, chowned to media:media
  7. Started Sickbeard, saw my shows listing, drank a celebratory beer.

Pretty sure this is exactly what you told me to do earlier Josh (albeit less verbosely). Seriously would have been lost without your help, you sir are a scholar and a gentleman.
haha, glad you got it working!

caiazpa

Dabbler
Hey - so, strangely this seems to have happened again. Strangely, when I try to reinstall Sickbeard, I notice that there isn't a /jails/sickbeard_1/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard directory. Any idea why? Should I just mkdir this directory and copy the contents into it?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey - so, strangely this seems to have happened again. Strangely, when I try to reinstall Sickbeard, I notice that there isn't a /jails/sickbeard_1/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard directory. Any idea why? Should I just mkdir this directory and copy the contents into it?
the latest version of the plugin uses /var/db/sickbeard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.