Replacing system dataset disk

Korril

Cadet
Hi,

I have my system dataset on a single SSD which I would like to replace. Could someone please outline the procedure to do this?

My NAS is set up to have a Storage dataset, and System dataset. Would using the Storage dataset automatically copy over the existing data in the System dataset? If so, could I switch to using the Storage Dataset, replace the SSD, and then reselect the SSD (new) pool as the System dataset pool?

Thanks in advance.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You're mixing dataset and pool in your description, but indeed, you can move the system dataset to your data pool (or the boot pool if your boot pool is on an SSD) and then back again after you do whatever work you need to do.

Davvo

MVP
You're mixing dataset and pool in your description, but indeed, you can move the system dataset to your data pool (or the boot pool if your boot pool is on an SSD) and then back again after you do whatever work you need to do.
What happens if you lose the dataset drive?

sretalla