Random crashes, possibly due to large plex server

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueberryjr

Dabbler
I'm running 11.2, i7 4790k 32 gigs of ram 15TB of usable storage. Running a Plex, couch potato and deluge jail plus a 1GB vm running ubuntu.

. My system will randomly crash once every 30-48 hours with a bunch of these errors in the logs: "freenas swap_pager_getswapspace(32): failed"
I'm pretty sure plex is hogging up most of the ram in a wired state which I *think* is due to zfs moving data to ram for faster access? So my question here is; is there any way to have plex stop taking up so much ram or would there be a way to increase the swap file? Or do I just need to upgrade and get more ram?

danb35

Hall of Famer
I *think* is due to zfs moving data to ram for faster access?
What makes you think this? Plex has a history of being resource-hungry, but it's been quite a bit better recently. OTOH, the "freenas swap_pager_getswapspace(32): failed" issue has been reported other places with the BETA software you're running.

blueberryjr

Dabbler
What makes you think this? Plex has a history of being resource-hungry, but it's been quite a bit better recently. OTOH, the "freenas swap_pager_getswapspace(32): failed" issue has been reported other places with the BETA software you're running.
Just taking a wild guess that ZFS is caching the video files/metadata being pulled by plex and not releasing them from ram as I have about 10 people daily streaming content from this server. Honestly, just guessing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.