Question about Plex

Theapplefuture

Dabbler
Good Evening,

I installed FreeNAS 11.1 U7 on a virtual machine with a bridged network (through Parallels Desktop) because I want to try something and don't want to "destroy" something on my real NAS.

First question, I want to install Plex Plugin through the Plugins tab but I cannot access the Plex Webpage even if my browser does recognize it as Plex but the page won't load. So is there a problem with rights or configuration or is due to the shared network ?

Second, on my real machine I have a big library of movies, tv shows and songs with meta data like covers, info, etc. My question is, how do I backup my metadata to copy it to a new Plex machine ?
And could It be possible to store metadata with additional files (just like with .nfo files for Kodi?)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I don't know if there are some unique configurations for FreeNAS so I considered a FreeNAS
Thank you for your help :)

ascl

Dabbler
It does sound like you have a network configuration issue, perhaps the plex jail cannot talk to the internet?

On the second issue, I can be of more help... there is a single folder that contains the plex meta data that can be copied across (see the thread here: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...o-restore-plex-after-a-reinstall.73629/unread). I just recently did this when I migrated from a QNAP to a custom FreeNAS build, and even across operating systems it worked fine. Kept all the play counts etc.