Plex Metadata...Only some of the Metadata is updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARAMP1

Dabbler
I'm running Plex1.4.3.3433 on FreeNAS-9.10.2-U.

I recently built a Freenas server and am in the process of transferring all of my files over from my windows 10 machine, which I was previously running Plex. In each of my movie folders, I have an NFO file with the IMDB web address. That seemed to be the ticket for accurate metadata (especially on remakes).

Now, I have the correct title, the release date, movie posters and background images, but I'm missing all the other data (rating, content rating, tagline, summary, etc). I'm really not sure if this is a Plex issue or a FreeNAS issue. I've set the agent -> Plex Movie and The Movie Database to IMDB.

With the searching I've done, I've found that "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" needs to have the value of the Plex Media Server. After adding that, I was able to get the artwork. The summary would be a nice to have, but I used the ratings to filter out content for the kids. It stopped my six year old from having to scroll past the SAW series to get to Star Wars. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• Plex settings.jpg
    Plex settings.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 445

Lebesgue

Dabbler
Hi,
unfortunately no solution for you, but since upgrading to PMS 1.3.4.3285 on FreeNAS-9.10.2-U2 I am experiencing the same i.e. no metadata is downloaded for Movies and from what I gather this may be a generic PMS issue.
Found one supposed solution for Linux (disabling ipv6) but that I have already.

ARAMP1

Dabbler
Hi,
unfortunately no solution for you, but since upgrading to PMS 1.3.4.3285 on FreeNAS-9.10.2-U2 I am experiencing the same i.e. no metadata is downloaded for Movies and from what I gather this may be a generic PMS issue.
Found one supposed solution for Linux (disabling ipv6) but that I have already.
I figured that may be the case. I just find it odd that some of the metadata is matching, but most is not. I too have disabled IPv6. Thanks for the reply.

hertzsae

Contributor
For what it's worth, I've had this problem for TV shows since mid-December. I run the default plugin (I'm lazy and it works). I just updated from plex server 1.3.4 to 1.4.4 and my metadata now works. The 1.4.x release notes list a few metadata fixes that I assume resolved my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.