Pydio Jail / Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCatalystx

Contributor
Hey guys, First of apologies if this is the wrong section. I couldnt find anything under help & support which fit the bill.

I have got my new freenas box setup; currently burning in the hdds and setting up jails. Having trouble setting up a jail for pydio.

I've tried the following:
Following this guide but seems to fail (when doing the php section i recieve error 1) https://pyd.io/freebsd-nginx-php-fpm/
Running the ports version "cd /usr/ports/www/pydio/ && make install clean"

Has anyone had any luck getting this installed and working in a jail? Can anyone provide a link to a preconfigured jail/plugin?

I've spent about 3 hours trying to work it. I've already setup 4 other jails and haven't had any issues yet so im stumped.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Post the exact error (eg last 5 lines or so that include the error).

xCatalystx

Contributor
So running "cd /usr/ports/lang/php5 && make install clean" i do the following:
Select FPM and hit enter.
The next few windows i just accept the defaults. It downloads a few things and installs compontents until i hit this:

Code:
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/bin/autoconf-2.69 in /usr/ports/devel/autoconf
===>   autoconf-2.69 depends on executable: gm4 - found
===>   autoconf-2.69 depends on executable: help2man - not found
===>    Verifying install for help2man in /usr/ports/misc/help2man
===>   help2man-1.43.3_1 depends on package: p5-Locale-gettext>=0 - not found
===>    Verifying install for p5-Locale-gettext>=0 in /usr/ports/devel/p5-Locale-gettext
===>  Installing for p5-Locale-gettext-1.05_4
===>   p5-Locale-gettext-1.05_4 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3 - found
===>   p5-Locale-gettext-1.05_4 depends on shared library: libintl.so - found (/usr/local/lib/libintl.so.9)
===>  Checking if p5-Locale-gettext already installed
===>   Registering installation for p5-Locale-gettext-1.05_4 as automatic
pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/devel/p5-Locale-gettext/work/stage/                                usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.16/auto/Locale/gettext/gettext.so: No such file or directory

pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/devel/p5-Locale-gettext/work/stage/                                usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/mach/5.16/Locale/gettext.pm: No such file or directory

pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/devel/p5-Locale-gettext/work/stage/                                usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/man/man3/Locale::gettext.3.gz: No such file or directory
*** [fake-pkg] Error code 74

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/p5-Locale-gettext.
*** [build-depends] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/help2man.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/misc/help2man.

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/autoconf.

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.

Any ideas? I've recreated the jail 3 times and still receive this error. I always run in a new jail:
"portsnap fetch extract && cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg && make reinstall clean"

nginx and mysql installed without a hitch.

note output looks weird because its copy n paste from putty.

Last edited:

xCatalystx

Contributor
Seems to be a problem with the gettext port i believe. I tried to manually run each of those and they both fail with gettext failing the dependency install. Does this mean im buggered until the maintainer fixes this?

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think the php5.5 / 5.6 pkg come with fpm enabled. no need to use the port.

pkg install php56

no, you aren't buggered, either use the package of php, or just 'pkg install gettext' and keep going

xCatalystx

Contributor
I think the php5.5 / 5.6 pkg come with fpm enabled. no need to use the port.

pkg install php56

no, you aren't buggered, either use the package of php, or just 'pkg install gettext' and keep going
just to confirm, should i be using using ports or pkg to install stuff? Im a pretty decent linux user, but fairly new to freebsd

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
just to confirm, should i be using using ports or pkg to install stuff? Im a pretty decent linux user, but fairly new to freebsd
you can intermix. I prefer packages because they're faster but sometimes you need to ports when you need to enable non-standard flags. in this case package should be fine.

xCatalystx

Contributor
sweet, thanks joshua.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
this is pretty much all I do for my pydio jail on my freebsd webserver, but should be helpful for you. there's a username/password you need to change in the cron command.
https://www.jruehlig.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=2aa00df02912754b7c591eeb743909ad

you also would need to
* fetch the latest pydio source
* setup nginx
* mysql
but my docs for that isn't all in a single jail. I have nginx on the host, and mysql in a seperate jail which multiple (application) jails connect to.

xCatalystx

Contributor
wow that's really helpful thanks. I also run a separate jail for mysql =)

Someone should really make a plugin for this. It's helpful considering freenas doesn't have a secure webui for file management (which is understandable considering all the risks it can introduce). Pretty much the only thing i miss from my old storage solution.

Anyways thanks aheap.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That tutorial on pydio's site is a complete fail. Too bad I can't seem to find another detailed one, this software looks pretty slick and useful.

xCatalystx

Contributor
I changed a few things but most of the information presented is correct. When i get home I will provide the process of what i did. (wrote it down). Currently in da air

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That would be great xCatalystx if you could post that.

I know just enough to get going but not enough to rescue myself if I get in trouble.

hi all,

first sorry for my bad english ;)

i am really new at this freebsd and else :), i`am testing it on a Virtual box on my windows PC. i also wanna try install pydio on freenas, i try that install guide, but i was thinking there is somting wrong. i was realy fustratet becouse i didnt know what to do, then i try to do a stream ask on suport chat what i am doing wrong no one could help :D

so i realy hope that your guide will help me @xCatalystx :)

i realy wanna understand a lil from that thing.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
since it seems a lot of people want this I can write up a guide sometime. I'll put it in the Jails section and drop a link here.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
That would be fantastic since the guide on pydio's site doesn't work and us less skilled users would love to be able to try this software out.

marian78

Patron

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
if we get a plugin that would be nice, there's already a port and I bet it could be structured similar to the owncloud plugin.

xCatalystx

Contributor
Yea a plugin would be great. In the mean time I may write a quick n dirty script to do a general install with some basic configuration options. Otherwise I will leave it to Joshua to write a guide (never been a strong point for myself) but I would be happy to provide input.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Well I got it installed but getting it running is proving to be another matter. For some reason it's not accepting the pasword I set during installation for the database. I'm in the configuration menu but I get the error "access denied" whenever I try to connect.

The thing I was doing wrong before was trying to install before I did a pkg update and pkg upgrade. Running those commands first and updating the jail worked and it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.