Problems with TrueNAS Core installer

sebsons9999

Cadet
Hi everyone, I have a problem/question regarding TrueNAS Core.

My HW: Asrock N100M with 32G RAM, nmve, 2x SSD, 1x PCIe controller (6x 3.5 HDD), installing with USB key.
  • I have tried installed latest version 13.0U5.3 also tried 13.0U5.2 and 12.0-U8.1
With all releases I get stuck on black screen with white box in corner ...
  • I have also selected Verbose mode (no changes)
  • Tried serial setup (dual output serial/video) - in this case I see some info, I can see all HW loaded ... and stops always on same spot:
    Code:
    md0 attached to /data/base.ufs.uzip
    Trying to mount root from usf:/dev/md0.unzip [rw]...
    random: unblocking device
and nothing else happen ... I have also tried:
  • 3 different tools (rufus, win32Diskimager, balenaEtcher) to burn iso to usb stick (tried with USB3, USB2 key) all combos - NO LUCK
  • tried also with run it without extra controller, without extra controller and nmve (so 2x SSD onboard)
  • all audio is disabled in bios, also secure boot ..
  • TrueNAS Scale installs without any issue (see all HW and can configure without problem)
  • FreeBSD 13.2 installs without any issue (see all HW and can configure without problem)
  • Windows 11 pro installs without any issue (see all HW and can configure without problem)
I have saw before installation in console where I printed variables that there is defined: loaddev=disk0p2 when I use lsdev (to list devices) there is no such device, there is 9 drives as it should be but with different names when I try to set new variable for loaddev I get error that command is not allowed.

--------------------
I can see there is an issue with installer (I see that many people have same/simillar problem) so it is clearly something with CORE installer.
Any help please?

sebsons9999

Cadet
Some more update on my case I managed to install TrueNAS-13.1-MASTER-202311150814-ccaeca5 without any issue, but this version in not even close to be ready for production use.