Possible to 'downgrade' from nightly to 8.0.1 RC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedmonds

Cadet
Hi,

Had the ataidle timeout issues with 8.0.1 RC1 and spotted that the latest nightly had this issue fixed, so I applied this and timeout issues fixed! Great!
Now we have 8.0.1 RC2 released, I attempted to 'downgrade' to this more stable version, however this fails, even from command line.

Is there any method/workaround which would allow me to install this version without having to perform a complete reinstall?

Many thanks!

marcusmarcus

Explorer
I'm curious about this, too. I'm running FreeNAS-8r7765-amd64 and it wont let me do a firmware update to RC2.

Durkatlon

Patron
I believe those builds are from different branches and use different database formats.

sedmonds

Cadet
Different database format? Are you sure? I upgraded from 8.0.1 RC1 to the nightly, so I would have hoped I could have gone the other way too.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Different database format? Are you sure? I upgraded from 8.0.1 RC1 to the nightly, so I would have hoped I could have gone the other way too.

He is right...

Going from any release to nightly is a upgrade, from nightly to a release is considered a downgrade, downgrades are not supported...
It _may_ work at a given time and circumstances, but they usually do not...

sedmonds

Cadet
Thanks both for your inputs, guess a reinstall is on the cards, and definitely no more nightly 'upgrades'. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.