SOLVED "Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murac

Dabbler
uname -r reads: 11.0-STABLE in the jail.
I'm on the latest update of Freenas stable.

I recreated all the jails from 10.3 to 11 a few months ago.

This occurred initially when I upgraded plex via portmaster. it was successful but then I got some errors on some other package, which i don't remember. troubleshooted that. fixed. then got an issue with editor/nano. and now I'm just getting:

Code:
Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no ports are
guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported release.

No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM.

I've tried creating a new jail. running pkg update && pkg upgrade but there was an issue with pkg that i fixed with pkg update -f

now i'm trying to install portmaster but, again, the above support ended message is displayed.

Luckily all the jails are still functioning as is, but ain't sustainable, yo!

Do I need to nuke the jail dataset again and start fresh?

Thanks!

FlamingPooh

Dabbler
not that i'm helpful in anyway, but i think the end of life thing is related to

https://www.freebsd.org/security/

upload_2017-12-1_23-15-24.png

Specifically where it says November 30 2017.
You can also bypass it if you add the line below your make.conf file with
"ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=yes"

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
uname -K and uname -U are the command you want to run and provide to get help.

MacGyves

Cadet
I get the same error message when trying to install postfix from ports in a jail based on the freenas-standard-11.0-RELEASE template

uname -K

uname -U

NB:
It was considerable amount of manual work to "update" my jails to that jail template. If the same work soon has to be done again to update to a possible 11.1-RELEASE template I seriously start wondering, if the current way of updating jail templates is something sustainable, and if there is no better way of updating one's jails.

With the "current jail update procedure" I basically mean:
1. create new jail based on a new template
2. Install of the relevant packages in the new jail
3. Copy over all of the relevant configuration (and data) from the old jail to the new one
4. Pray that one has not forgotten anything

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
When i rebuild mine i run pkg info and copy the output to a text file so i dont miss anything when recreating the new jail.

Murac

Dabbler

IceBoosteR

Guru

cella400

Cadet
Hey Team,

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to install Mythtv to a jail I created, and I can't seem to get past the lame audio install. I keep getting the "with Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended." I have followed this thread and updated to FreeNAS 11.1, but I'm still having the same problem.

The one issue I think I might be running into is when I updated to 11.1 and built a new jail for Mythtv. I noticed during the install of the new jail that it said FreeNAS 11.0. Could that be my issue?

IceBoosteR

Guru
Yes. Unfortunately the FreeNAS team did not update the old Warden environment to FreeBSD 11.1. Even if you are upgrading to FreeNAS 11.1 you will still have the old 11.0 environment, where the ports support has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.