Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended

oshriv65

Cadet
hey there!
i am new to truenas core os, and still learning the ropes and i facing a problem when installing "lets encrypt" in nextcloud,
i was following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agq8LcnAWPo&t=215s&ab_channel=NETVN
everything went good until the step oft "cd /usr/ports/security/py-cerbot-nginx" and running the command: "make install clean"
and this is what happend:
root@nextcloud:/usr/ports/security/py-certbot-nginx # make install clean /!\ ERROR: /!\ Ports Collection support for your FreeBSD version has ended, and no ports are guaranteed to build on this system. Please upgrade to a supported release. No support will be provided if you silence this message by defining ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM. *** Error code 1
my system information:
freebsd-version - 12.2-RELEASE-p12
nextcloud version - 12.2-RELEASE-p15
truenas core version - TrueNAS-12.0-U8

can someone help me?:smile:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Well, you can define ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM and it'll probably still build. It's not like it's not trying to tell you what the issue is and what you can do to remediate the issue.

oshriv65

Cadet
Well, you can define ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM and it'll probably still build. It's not like it's not trying to tell you what the issue is and what you can do to remediate the issue.
thans for the reply ;)
how can i define ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Setting shell environment variables depends on your shell. For Bourne, it's as simple as

$ ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=true make install clean

which also has the advantage of keeping it scoped to just the one command.

oshriv65

Cadet
Setting shell environment variables depends on your shell. For Bourne, it's as simple as

$ ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM=true make install clean

which also has the advantage of keeping it scoped to just the one command.
i tried it in nextcloud shell and it didn't work, its write "command not found"

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
thans for the reply ;)
how can i define ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_SYSTEM?
May I suggest updating your jail to a supported version instead?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
i tried it first before opening this thread but it same, my nextcloud jail version is 12.2-RELEASE-p15 (i think its the newest)
That's the point. 12.2 is end of life. You need to update your jail to 12.3.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
iocage upgrade <your-jail> -r 12.3-RELEASE should do it.

oshriv65

Cadet
iocage upgrade <your-jail> -r 12.3-RELEASE should do it.
i run the command and this is what it wrote:
Screenshot 2022-04-06 142611.png

and then bunch of "pkg : lua script failed"

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
OK ... then you should probably roll back to the snapshot it created and restart. With regular jails this "just works" - don't know why it doesn't with your plugin. Sorry.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The iocage command should have created one and the output you showed says "snapshot already exists". So there is at least one snapshot of your jail.

What does zfs list -t snap -r <your-pool>/iocage result in?

oshriv65

Cadet
The iocage command should have created one and the output you showed says "snapshot already exists". So there is at least one snapshot of your jail.

What does zfs list -t snap -r <your-pool>/iocage result in?
it show me snapshots from today data, probably because when the problem appeared i tried to reinstall nextcloud

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Please copy and paste the output of the command as text, if you need help on how to roll back to this snapshot.

oshriv65

Cadet
Please copy and paste the output of the command as text, if you need help on how to roll back to this snapshot.
i know how to do it with the gui, the problem i don't have a snapshot where the nextcloud was working :(
if i reinstall truenas core it will help?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
No, you need to reinstall the plugin. I thought you had a working one and destroyed it with my command ... but if it was broken before, of course the snapshot does not help.

If you consider reinstalling, I suggest you don't use the plugin but a regular jail and the script provided by @danb35

danb35

Hall of Famer