Plex Media Server issue

Techie88

Dabbler
Hi All

So I have been researching for hours now on an issue I am having with my Plex Media Server install on my TrueNAS server Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U3 Plex Server: 12.2-RELEASE-p6 - Version: v1.22.3.4392

All I get when I go to my plex server or well I think I am going to my plex server is

Plex1.JPG

I am going to it via the TrueNAS --> Plugins --> Manage tab

my installation is fresh
I am not sure if I need to make any changes or new user.

I have tried different things to get claim the server but without no success. I've also had the issue of no soup for you error too.

I have tired to go to the server via my phone but can't seem to find it via that way either.

I am stumped as to what is happening.

If people need logs please let me know and I will get the logs

Any help will be great thanks

ThreeDee

Guru
Does remote access show that your plex is accessible outside your network?

GBillR

Contributor
All I get when I go to my plex server or well I think I am going to my plex server is
What is the exact url you are using to access the server for the first time? I have run into issues myself when reinstalling / migrating to a new server where it does not take me to the "wizard" or the start page to complete the setup. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having (I don't run PLEX in a jail), but it sounds like it might be. Be sure the address is: http://ip.addr.of.host:32400/web

https://forums.plex.tv/t/setup-wizard-never-runs-on-new-media-server/548815

ddaenen1

Patron
What is the exact url you are using to access the server for the first time? I have run into issues myself when reinstalling / migrating to a new server where it does not take me to the "wizard" or the start page to complete the setup. Not sure if this is the same issue you are having (I don't run PLEX in a jail), but it sounds like it might be. Be sure the address is: http://ip.addr.of.host:32400/web

https://forums.plex.tv/t/setup-wizard-never-runs-on-new-media-server/548815

If you access using "manage button" in the jail, it automatically uses the IP:port to access the server.

GBillR

Contributor

ddaenen1

Patron
Hi All

So I have been researching for hours now on an issue I am having with my Plex Media Server install on my TrueNAS server Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U3 Plex Server: 12.2-RELEASE-p6 - Version: v1.22.3.4392

View attachment 46790

I am going to it via the TrueNAS --> Plugins --> Manage tab

my installation is fresh
I am not sure if I need to make any changes or new user.

I have tried different things to get claim the server but without no success. I've also had the issue of no soup for you error too.

I have tired to go to the server via my phone but can't seem to find it via that way either.

I am stumped as to what is happening.

If people need logs please let me know and I will get the logs

Any help will be great thanks

So did you have a Plex server before? If so, i assume you did you log in with your account details. I also assume that you defined the mount point(s) in the jail after installing the plugin, correct? So all you would need to do is to configure your directories within Plex, right?

Techie88

Dabbler
So I am using the manage button in TrueNAS to access Plex.
Threedee I’m pretty sure I have remote access off but it’s been awhile so I’ll check the settings.
I was using Plex before after TrueNAS crashed on me.

I have done all the normal mount points and everything via different tutorials and still get No Soup For You Error.

Techie88

Dabbler
So did you have a Plex server before? If so, i assume you did you log in with your account details. I also assume that you defined the mount point(s) in the jail after installing the plugin, correct? So all you would need to do is to configure your directories within Plex, right?

Had Plex install before TrueNAS failed to boot one day then I left it cause I didn’t have time to fix it.
Only been in the last week I fixed it.

I’ve done all the mount points and everything for it plus tried different setups and still no soup for you error really frustrating cause I’ve had it running before

Techie88

Dabbler
I’ve also set the plex server with my IP address as well and subnet so it should be able to see it plus I’m not sure if it’s a user permission issue

Try visiting (as counter-intuitive as it may seem) this URL. Enter it directly into the address bar in a new window or tab (or even a browser running in incognito mode):

https://app.plex.tv

From there, login with your email address and password (upper-right corner), and then enter your four-digit PIN (if you made one).

See if it then gives you access to your Plex server (which is hosted locally on your TrueNAS jail).

Last edited:

Techie88

Dabbler
I’ve tried that no go it’s really strange

GBillR

Contributor
Last edited:

ThreeDee

Guru
can you screen shot your jail configuration?

Techie88

Dabbler
ThreeDee

I’ll take a screenshot tonight.

what information do you need from the jail?

Techie88

Dabbler

Techie88

Dabbler
I’m not sure if my IP address might be the issue it’s 88.92.18.0 subnet 255.255.255.0

ThreeDee

Guru
ThreeDee

I’ll take a screenshot tonight.

what information do you need from the jail?
what boxes you have checked .. ip address, gateway . .vnet .. stuff, lol .. see if there might be something hinky in your jail config

Techie88

Dabbler
Ok, will screenshot within the next couple of hours

Techie88

Dabbler

Attachments

• plex2.JPG
    plex2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 319
  • plex3.JPG
    plex3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 311
  • plex4.JPG
    plex4.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 262
  • plex5.JPG
    plex5.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 286
  • plex6.JPG
    plex6.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 285

ThreeDee

Guru
stop your jail and put in gateway IP in IP4 Default Router instead of having it at "auto" and see if that helps