Plex will not play Movies to any clients - TrueNAS Scale

gswhiteuk

Dabbler
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read, as I am desperate for an answer to this strange issue.

Just built a 36TB TrueNAS Scale server and migrated all my data across without a problem. I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3

The Version of Plex is from the default App Store Version - 1.32.5.7349_1.7.54 (The App states it's up to date)

The issue is with Plex, specifically on TrueNas. I will walk everyone through the steps.

Once all my media is discovered, Movies etc, if I try and play a file on any client I get an error. See below, same error on every client.
Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 17.21.40.png

To isolate the issue, I built three separate servers:- One Server on a Synology NAS, One on Windows 10, and the other on Linux.

I setup the movie folder as a SMB Share and mapped the share to each new Plex instance. I then added the folder to each new Plex server, and let all the Movies be discovered.

Once everything was setup, I tried playing John Wick 4 in 4K with TrueHD Audio from each device.

Every device played without a problem until I clicked on the movie hosted via the Plex instance on TrueNAS. That error'ed as above.

There are no error logs on Plex on TrueNAS as I have checked and I see no errors on the TrueNAS server.

The Dataset (media) where the files are stored is owned by 'apps' and by the group 'apps' and the directory structure and files are currently set to '777' permissions.

The Plex App is using a dataset folder called 'docker_data' / 'plex' with apps:apps permissions through out.

The Systems GPU (Nvidia) is being passed through to the Plex App. I gave tried with and without and made no difference

All fingers point to something on the TrueNAS Server as everything else works fine, and files streamed remotely via SAMBA work with no issue.

---
Looking for some urgent help and assistance please??

Desperate to get this going.

thanks in advance
Gary