OwnCloud Storage & Database setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric

Contributor
Need help on setting up storage and database (Data folder) for Owncloud. Here's my owncloud jail storage (/mnt/tank/mymedia/owncloud) that i created during the installation, and my owncloud jail Destination folder is /media.

Choosing /media as default Data folder throws some error, "cant create or write into the data directory /media"

Id like to use a standalone database on their website Owncloud SQlite is the default database but I would probably migrate this to MySQL or MariaDB at a later time.

Attachments

• owncloud_setup_data_folder2.png
    owncloud_setup_data_folder2.png
    805.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

garm

Wizard
There is usually no need to mount external storage for a jail. What is your use case? What is your setup? Have you read the forum rules?

danb35

Hall of Famer
There is usually no need to mount external storage for a jail.
I'd think it's quite a common need, and even a more-common recommendation, for a jail that's going to be dealing with quite a bit of data (as Owncloud generally would be). However, if @ric is using the plugin, he may not be able to make it work.

ric

Contributor
Wasnt able to use either /media or /mnt/tank/media/owncloud as Data folder doesn't accept it. Now sure if related to a bug on freenas owncloud plugin. And yes did try to reinstall the plugin but same result.

Freenas-11.1-u6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.