Help adding data mount to ownCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLeanIT

Cadet
I've been using FreeNAS for a while mostly as a digital photo dump for my wife. I recently installed OwnCloud and I'm trying to map the existing pictures to a folder in ownCloud.

I created a storage mount point using the ownCloud Jail like so:

Source: /mnt/DATA/Pictures
Destination: /media/[user]/files/Pictures
Read-Only: (yes)
Create Directory: (yes)
Mounted?: (yes)

When browsing Pictures directory in ownCloud, which should be full of hundreds of dated subfolders with photos inside, instead it appears empty.

I thought it might be a permissions issue but the data volume is set like so:

Owner (user): nobody
Owner (group) wheel
Mode: (Everything checked)
Permission Type: (Unix/Mac)

Can anyone help shed light on my issue? I generally come from a Windows world so please forgive my ignorance if any of this seems like it should be a no-brainer.

Thanks!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
If the dataset is a share in the host environment, the you should mount the share in owncloud as an external data source using cifs/nfs/whatever rather than nullfs mounting the dataset in the jail.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
If the dataset is a share in the host environment, the you should mount the share in owncloud as an external data source using cifs/nfs/whatever rather than nullfs mounting the dataset in the jail.
partially true. Use an external mountpoint, but use the "local" mount option, no reason to use cifs/nfs when you have nullfs available.

Also, why is it read only? And I instead recommend you just import those pictures into OC so they can be indexed. That's what I did with my wife's 50GB of photos.
  • I still use a dataset mounted in, but use it as the datadirectory of OC (I think you're already doing this).
  • I then setup the desktop sync client on my computer (for her account)
  • I dropped in the 50GB of photos and let it churn away
  • Once it was done I removed the account from the OC desktop client so it would stop syncing with my computer and deleted the pictures from my desktop

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
partially true. Use an external mountpoint, but use the "local" mount option, no reason to use cifs/nfs when you have nullfs available.
Oplocks. And other oddness that happens when you mess with the same dataset from multiple protocols.
Also, why is it read only?
I didn't catch that. If the dataset is mounted ro then this is less of a problem. Run getfacl on a folder in thevdataset in the jail.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Oplocks. And other oddness that happens when you mess with the same dataset from multiple protocols.

I didn't catch that. If the dataset is mounted ro then this is less of a problem. Run getfacl on a folder in thevdataset in the jail.
I had to lookup Oplocks, lol, windows has alot of random issues.

Yeah, most people are in agreement, stick to accessing OC files through OC, and not through multiple protocols.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you had searched the forums before posting you'd know that this question was already asked this weekend...

/sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.