Permission issue with data store added for jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaFaxGuy

Dabbler
This is more of a ownCloud permission issue, when using data created via a freenas jail storage mount. I am hoping that someone might have experienced the same problem and might have a suggestion.

I am having permission issues "You don't have write permission here." in ownCloud.
I have tried several configurations to resolve the problem but I am at a dead end.

Here is my setup:
- ownCloud 5.0 (I have also had the same issue using the oc plugin)
- apache 2.4
- php 5.5
- sqlite 3
- Created Jail setup (mnt/jail/WebServ)

The data is stored on WebServ at /media/users/XXX/files/ (3 users: xxx1, xxx2 & xxx3)
which each users folder (xxx1/files) is a link mounted directory from the DataSet on the NAS (/mnt/DataSet/Users/xxx) a jail data storage created and mounted.
- All permissions are inherited from the NAS dataset folders.
- I have created each user on ownCloud (login) to mirror the users on the NAS.

The storage area "/media/users/xxx123" are www:www (own:group)
and "/media/users/xxx123/files" are xxx123:usergroup (own by the user & group to mirror the NAS)
The permissions for "/media/users/xxx123/files" is drwxrwxr--
and permissions are recursive for each folder below files/ (this applies to all users).

Here is what I am capable of doing: (when the user is login to ownCloud)
-I am able to read some top level files.
-I am able to download top level files.
-If I select the "Pictures" (app in OC), I am able to view all images even at different levels (folders).
Again all the files and folders have the same permissions drwxrwxr--

Here is my problem: :( when using ownCloud
1. I am not able to navigate down to other folders.
2. Upload or create a new file or folder.
3. For some users not all the Folders (that is in the data storage area) are present (in the "Files" app view)

Things I have tried:
1. setting the permissions for /media/users/xxx123/files to drwxrwxrwx (777)
2. setting the ownership and privilege for /media/users/xxx123/files to www:www (which is the apache user:group)
3. Setting all users as a members of www.
4. I have also created each users on the jail (where OC is installed) to match the users on the NAS.

Again my objective is to retain the ownership and privilege for each user as they exist on the NAS.
And to be able to read and write at all levels for each users in OC (according to their privilege)

Can anyone help me to achieve this?

Thanks.

HNLRoscoe

Dabbler
I'm having a similar issue to yours. Would you mind if I posted my specifics in your thread instead of making a new one?

thaFaxGuy

Dabbler
Go ahead, the more the better our chances are that someone will understand the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.