Onedrive Personal CloudSync?

C4PPY

Cadet
I cannot seam to find the option for OneDrive Personal under Cloud Creds - is this just how its going to be in Cobia or a Beta thing?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
I have been using it with TrueNAS Core 12 for years. So the answer is probably yes.

sfatula

Guru
Is it related to this? It's a link to specific message in the chain dealing with Onedrive.

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
correct, support is not available in Cobia.

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
Never say never, but at this point the 3rd party python modules previously used have been deprecated and these are not compatible with the version of python in Cobia.

Aipoc76

Dabbler
Back to the blue i go i guess. This makes me sad! I did find this:
github.com/abraunegg/onedrive, even has a gui enhancement. But setting all this custom docker stuff up is beyond me. Thats why i went for scale in the first place, ease and piece of mind.

I just cant upgrade knowing that i paid money to upgrade my OneDrive plan, and now it will be useless, if i upgrade.... Hopefully someone can do something with that docker.

Marc Lachapelle

Dabbler
Never say never, but at this point the 3rd party python modules previously used have been deprecated and these are not compatible with the version of python in Cobia.
I was using OneDrive Personal Sync too. I will try to find a container to replace this functionality

Cellobita

Contributor
Is it still possible with rclone via console or it's aswell gone ?
It should be possible to download rclone to a dataset specifically set up for this (to preserve the whole thing during updates) and script the backup itself via a cron task.

Code:
/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone sync /mnt/Tank/dataset_to_backup remote:/path/to/remote/folder --create-empty-src-dirs --metadata

You'd have to set up the OneDrive endpoint manually, but this is so easy that even I have managed to do it... cd to the rclone dataset, type

Code:
./rclone config

and follow the instructions; full docs here: https://rclone.org/onedrive/

P.S.: I believe rclone will save its config file to /root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf - it won't survive a reboot or update; you'd have to keep an extra copy of this file and have it copied back to the above location during boot.

P.S.2: Even better, set an environment variable:

Code:
RCLONE_CONFIG=/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone.conf

Last edited:

Paddy0293

Dabbler
@Cellobita thanks for the anwser....

This makes me happy when it works :)
I got an old config file because i used OMV with rclone before truenas scale and the Cloud Task and rclone config have the same path and crypt password so maybe it works and i dont need to upload all files again ☺️

P.S.2: Even better, set an environment variable:

Code:
RCLONE_CONFIG=/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone.conf
Can you explain it more ?
So i dont need to replace the cfg after restart?

Cellobita

Contributor
@Cellobita thanks for the anwser....

This makes me happy when it works :)
I got an old config file because i used OMV with rclone before truenas scale and the Cloud Task and rclone config have the same path and crypt password so maybe it works and i dont need to upload all files again ☺️

Can you explain it more ?
So i dont need to replace the cfg after restart?
I'm not quite sure where to set up working environment variables in TrueNAS, but I found out that you can specify the rclone.conf file location when issuing the command.

So, to set up rclone, use this:

Code:
/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone config --config=/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone.conf

Then the sync itself will work with this syntax (adjust as needed):

Code:
/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone sync /mnt/Tank/dataset_to_backup remote:/path/to/remote/folder --config=/mnt/Tank/rclone/rclone.conf --create-empty-src-dirs --metadata

And, of course, replace /mnt/Tank/rclone with your own rclone dataset

This will make the whole thing self-contained, and reboot and upgrade-proof...

sfatula

Guru
One solution would be to make an "app" that uses an older distribution that has correct python modules and the old Onedrive sync module installed. Might be a community contribution. It wouldn't likely have a UI though, but, maybe not necessary. But it should be quite possible I would think.

Paddy0293

Dabbler
I haven't tried yet but see no reason why it shouldn't - all you really need is the single rclone executable and its config file.
Because the Cloud Task use the rclone too and this is maybe the reason why it doesnt work

Cellobita

Contributor
rclone is a single executable file - you should be able to use a different version than the built-in one, together with its own config file, from a cron task