Cloud Credential "Microsoft OneDrive" returns O365 Sharepoint Library, not personal folder

Ewout

Cadet
TrueNAS-12.0-U1.1
Office 365 E3 (global admin)

Challenge: connecting to personal OneDrive data for backup reasons

Stuck at: cloud credential "Microsoft OneDrive" returns our general O365 Sharepoint Library, not the personal folder

Steps taken:

Step 1 - adding a Cloud Credential of type "Microsoft OneDrive". Using the button "Login to provider" gives me a popup screen from Microsoft. After succesfull login with O365 credentials, I get 2 drives in the field "Drives list" of the type "Document_Library".

Step 2 - because I get 2 libraries I select the first.

Step 3 - adding a Cloud Sync Task with this credential. In this step I could browse the destination folders (remote) and made the discovery this is our general Sharepoint Library. Accessible for all the employees.

Step 4 - tried the second item on the "Drives list" but this gives the contents of our second general Sharepoint Library. Changing the "Drive Account Type" doensn't change anything for the result.

Possible solution:

Think I need to manually enter the correct "Drive ID" to get my personal data from OneDrive. But:
a) where to find this information in the admin portal?
b) why does the "Login to provider" procedure gives me Sharepoint Libraries?

When I use my personal credentials (live.com account) everything works fine. But I need the OneDrive data from my business account.

Screenshot cloud credential:
step 1.PNG

Screenshot cloud sync task:
step 2.PNG

Ewout

Cadet
Anyone who can point me in the right direction for this challenge?

StanTheMa

Dabbler
Very helpful, I suddenly realised I was spending ages setting up my own rclone script to pull Onedrive files to my NAS. Again something in the GUI is much better but sometimes it is not obvious how much is already offered there!
Thanks Ewout

theprez

Explorer
Any ideas why a value wouldn't be returned using the link and the syntax supplied above? I've tried to create a teams sharepoint as well as a shared folder and other ways to "generate" a Drive ID but nothing is returned. I'm assuming it's generated automatically by the creation of a sharepoint site, onedrive for business creation or some other task but can't seem to figure it out. I'm the admin over a O365/M365 account - thx