no internet connection from within jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.patcher

Cadet
Hello FreeNAS Community,

I have a serious problem with some of my jails/plugins. For testing issues I have installed two plugins from the web gui, sabnzbd and the Plex server.

Sabnzbd worked out of the box like a charm. The Plex server itself worked well too, but I wondered that it didn't load any cover art from the internet. So I did some tests:

I can ping 8.8.8.8 from within the sabnzbd jail but NOT from within the Plex servers jail. From the Plex Jail I can't even ping the default Gateway (In my case 192.168.178.1).

I installed sickbeard to see what´s happening there. Sadly I had to recognise, that it behaves like the Plex servers jail.

The output from ifconfig -a and netstat -rn looked from all jails quite similar. I really don't know where my problem could be!
I followed this advice from a another thread and managed it, to get a new ip address from the dhcp server (same as the gateway) but still can't even ping the gateways ip nor googles dns server.

I am very noobish with all the FreeNAS/FreeBSD stuff, so I would appreciate any help/tipp to solve my problem.

Thank you all very much!

the.patcher

Cadet
The recent one: FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (installed it on a USB thumb drive)
I built a new server with a Supermicro X10SL7-F board, a Xeon E3-1230 v3 and 16 GB of RAM. For testing matters I use a RaidZ1 Pool with 3x 4 TB WD Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.