SOLVED Unable to ping anything when inside iocage jail - FreeNAS-11.1-U7

Mehul V

Explorer
I was able to resolve the issue by adding my primary network adapter ix0 to my bridge0 since the bridge has the two vnet as it's members. Not sure if this is the right solution but it works for now so I am at peace. :D

Lazulitone

Dabbler
Mehul V,

I'm having your same exact issue with iocage and no networking in jails. Would you kindly expand on your solution? What does your global networking setup look like? I'm confused how you added your primary to the bridge? According to my reading Vnet seems to be a big problem.

Tokolozi

Cadet
sorry for bumping an old thread, but my situation is very similar to this, but even with my main NIC in the bridge it does not seem to work, anything else you did in the meanwhile?

cbrookins

Cadet
I had a similar, if not the exact same, issue. In my case it ended up being a IP-MAC binding in my firewall. My firewall has an "ARP Spoofing Defense" which shut down traffic from that jail since it had a different MAC associated to that IP. Once I removed the old IP-MAC binding of the old host the jail began to function as expected.