NextCloud Internal Server Error

varcal

Explorer
yesterday I tried to go to my nextcloud on the web browser and I got this

Internal Server Error
The server was unable to complete your request.
If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.
More details can be found in the server log.
Technical details
  • Remote Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx
  • Request ID: AoCDkhJNAummxkY7PMIB

the nextcloud software works but I just can get in with the browers

I do not know what this means I get to the login page than after I login I get the internal server error

I am using freenes 11.2
and nextcloud 17

please help

G8One2

Patron
Can you access it outside of your LAN?

G8One2

Patron

copz1998

Dabbler

Attachments

• internal error.jpg
    internal error.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 86

victort

Guru
I want to help, but if you used the plugin, it’s a lost battle. No one is maintaining it.

You are using an extremely outdated version of Nextcloud and also an outdated version of TrueNAS.

Please upgrade to TrueNAS 13 and I would highly recommend you just back up your nextcloud files and install using the script linked above.

BadBoyTazz

Cadet
I want to help, but if you used the plugin, it’s a lost battle. No one is maintaining it.

You are using an extremely outdated version of Nextcloud and also an outdated version of TrueNAS.

Please upgrade to TrueNAS 13 and I would highly recommend you just back up your nextcloud files and install using the script linked above.

My TrueNAS Core is up to date according to TrueNAS i check for updates pretty much Monthy (or as notices pops up) and install as soon as our power situation in the country allows a long enough block to ensure a update has enough time with power to finish i just checked again and TrueNAS says it's up to date (See attached screenshots) I am not upgrading to SCALE yet as one or two of the other plugins i'm using has some issues on SCALE and time lines show should be sorted later this year or early next year.

I've also updated NextCloud according to the same rules above as soon as i get a notice update is available and power allows i update or i manually check roughly ones a month for updates.

Thanks I'll read through the link above and see what it requires.

By backup nextcloud files do you mean the photos etc cause they are one a separate dataset so even if my next cloud install totally dies i still have those, or are you referring to the next cloud user setups and database cause i'm struggling to find a "Non pro" guide on how to backup those any links for backing up the nextcloud db so i can just carry one where the files last synced after i do a new install?

Attachments

• TrueNAS Update.JPG
    TrueNAS Update.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 55
  • TrueNAS Verstion.JPG
    TrueNAS Verstion.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 61

victort

Guru
My TrueNAS Core is up to date according to TrueNAS i check for updates pretty much Monthy (or as notices pops up) and install as soon as our power situation in the country allows a long enough block to ensure a update has enough time with power to finish i just checked again and TrueNAS says it's up to date (See attached screenshots) I am not upgrading to SCALE yet as one or two of the other plugins i'm using has some issues on SCALE and time lines show should be sorted later this year or early next year.
Thats fine.
I've also updated NextCloud according to the same rules above as soon as i get a notice update is available and power allows i update or i manually check roughly ones a month for updates.
This is also fine, but you shouldn't use plugins anyway.
Thanks I'll read through the link above and see what it requires.

By backup nextcloud files do you mean the photos etc cause they are one a separate dataset so even if my next cloud install totally dies i still have those, or are you referring to the next cloud user setups and database cause i'm struggling to find a "Non pro" guide on how to backup those any links for backing up the nextcloud db so i can just carry one where the files last synced after i do a new install?
I mean all your user files. This doesn't mean the database.

Are you the only user?
If not, how many users do you have?

If photos are your only files then you could just install Nextcloud using the script, then simply mount your dataset containing your photos.

BadBoyTazz

Cadet
Sorry for slow reply but had two weeks of horrible power issues somewere betweeen no power and power at the most useless times (when i'm asleep like 0200 in the morning) at home at night when home ...

This is also fine, but you shouldn't use plugins anyway.
Kinda hard not to use plugins when every tutorial, even TrueNAS tutorials self, shows you to use the plugin option ... Not everybody using these are IT Administrators again kinda the purpose behind the plugins (and nextcloud is listed under ixsystems supported / maintained) is to make it more accessible to avg people and the guru's doing the behind the scenes magic ...

I mean all your user files. This doesn't mean the database.
The photos (images and videos downloaded, taken, received via social apps, etc) backups and files transfer between devices are the main purpose we use nextcloud for currently. I am looking at expanding the use but as a start to test the idea backup on my own "cloud" was main priority.

The nextcloud database that has all the users and what files has been synced etc are the part i haven't been able to find a good tutorial on how to backup and transfer to a new install, the last time i reloaded nexcloud i just started fresh, but i would really like not to "start over" again

Are you the only user?
If not, how many users do you have?
I have 4 users and yes for now as mentioned backups are the main purpose ...

Reloading and starting over can't be the solutions to every hickup that breaks something so any links you have to tutorials on how to do a decent backup of the DB and restoring it would be appreciated ...

victort

Guru
Sorry for slow reply but had two weeks of horrible power issues somewere betweeen no power and power at the most useless times (when i'm asleep like 0200 in the morning) at home at night when home ...
That's ok.
Kinda hard not to use plugins when every tutorial, even TrueNAS tutorials self, shows you to use the plugin option ... Not everybody using these are IT Administrators again kinda the purpose behind the plugins (and nextcloud is listed under ixsystems supported / maintained) is to make it more accessible to avg people and the guru's doing the behind the scenes magic ...
I am not an IT admin. And IX Systems have said to not use plugins anymore, but to migrate away from them. They will be completely removed in 2025.
The photos (images and videos downloaded, taken, received via social apps, etc) backups and files transfer between devices are the main purpose we use nextcloud for currently. I am looking at expanding the use but as a start to test the idea backup on my own "cloud" was main priority.

The nextcloud database that has all the users and what files has been synced etc are the part i haven't been able to find a good tutorial on how to backup and transfer to a new install, the last time i reloaded nexcloud i just started fresh, but i would really like not to "start over" again
1. You would essentially have to copy all of the user files inside of the jail.
2. You would need to back up your database and restore it to your new install.
I have 4 users and yes for now as mentioned backups are the main purpose ...

Reloading and starting over can't be the solutions to every hickup that breaks something so any links you have to tutorials on how to do a decent backup of the DB and restoring it would be appreciated ...
Hoping someone else will chime in here...