Nextcloud and Collabora Integration

Nextcloud and Collabora Integration

do Collabora updates often break things like this?
CODE is the development version of Collabora so it is in a state of flux and is not guaranteed to be stable. The main advantage of CODE is that it's free to use for home and small teams. The downside is that CODE users are effectively beta testers. For a comparison of the different versions of Collabora, refer to the article Understanding the differences between LibreOffice Online, CODE and Collabora Online

It it better not to use auto-updates?
That's a personal choice. On the one hand, you may get bug fixes and new/improved features; on the other hand, CODE may break. It doesn't happen that often though. When it does happen, like now, the evidence is that it can take a while for the issue to be resolved.

Rather than disable auto-update, what I've done, for the moment, is hard-code the 6.4.9.3 image in docker-compose.yml image: collabora/code:6.4.9.3. I'll remove the tag once the issue is resolved.

I also have OnlyOffice installed. Having a second office suite installed lessens the impact if one of the suites breaks. If this sounds like something you might want to do as well, please refer to the resource Nextcloud and OnlyOffice Integration.

Last edited:
The issue identified in post #36 has been resolved. The newest version of Collabora CODE (6.4.10.6 at the time of this post) works with Nextcloud 21.

Last edited:

jcahill

Cadet
I'm running into an issue with Collabora and Nextcloud installed on TrueNAS SCALE (the most current RC). So, on the surface everything looks fine and should work. I have access to the Collabora admin page, and Nextcloud can reach the server. Everything is going through Traefik. I included some of the config screenshot for Collabora. I didnt' change anything else. Any idea what next steps I can take to troubleshoot?

Attachments

• Screenshot (21).png
    Screenshot (21).png
    157.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Screenshot (22).png
    Screenshot (22).png
    23.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    228.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    64 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    31.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    46.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    22.5 KB · Views: 256
I'm running into an issue with Collabora and Nextcloud installed on TrueNAS SCALE (the most current RC). So, on the surface everything looks fine and should work. I have access to the Collabora admin page, and Nextcloud can reach the server. Everything is going through Traefik. I included some of the config screenshot for Collabora. I didnt' change anything else. Any idea what next steps I can take to troubleshoot?
I'm curious to know what version of SCALE you're using. I don't recognise the Networking and Services section in screenshot 26. I'm on SCALE 22.02-RC1.2 and I'm seeing Networking and Port Forwarding as different sections. See post #37.

I notice Collabora is now an official app. Did you set Collabora up using the official app or by launching the Collabora Docker image directly? I did the latter as Collabora wasn't an official app at the time I set it up. If you use the official app, it looks like you'll end up on Collabora 6.4.10.10, which is quite old (around nine tag versions behind). If you install it using a docker image with the latest tag, you'll be on Collabora 21.11.0.5. I notice from screenshot 25, you're on Collabora 6.4.14. You might want to update to a more recent version of Collabora and retest.

I get the feeling from screenshot 22, you're using NC 23.0.0. I'm still on 22.2.3.

To sum up, the combination that's working for me include:
NC 22.2.3
Collabora 22.11.0.5
SCALE 22.02-RC1.2

NasKar

Guru
My previous install of callabora in a VM stop working so I destroyed it an did a reinstall. I ran into a problem in step 5.
There are three useful indicators:
1 & 3 work as expected but #2 gives this page isn't working HTTP ERROR 400.
Code:
collabora.mydomain.com {
        encode gzip
        @collabora {
                path /loleaflet/* # Loleaflet is the client part of LibreOffice Online
                path /hosting/discovery # WOPI discovery URL
                path /hosting/capabilities # Show capabilities as json
                path /lool/* # Main websocket, uploads/downloads, presentations
        }
        reverse_proxy @collabora http://192.168.5.89:9980
}

NasKar

Guru
It turns out that Nextcloud 23 made some changes that needs to be fixed in the reverse proxy. See list link.
The Caddyfile should be
Code:
collabora.mydomain.com {
        encode gzip
        @collabora {
                path /browser/* # Browser is the client part of LibreOffice Online
                path /hosting/discovery # WOPI discovery URL
                path /hosting/capabilities # Show capabilities as json
                path /cool/* # Main websocket, uploads/downloads, presentations
        }
        reverse_proxy @collabora http://192.168.5.89:9980
}

I also had to reinstall the docker container but it all works now. Hopefully this will save someone else a lot headaches.

indivision

Guru
I'm trying to get this to work.

I have latest TrueCharts versions of Nextcloud and Collabora running through Traefik.

But, I don't see the app referred to in step 6: "Collabora Online connector". In the "Office & Text" section for apps I only see the two options to install the Built-In Server.

Is there possibly a missing step to use a beta repo for Nextcloud apps or something?

NasKar

Guru
I'm trying to get this to work.

I have latest TrueCharts versions of Nextcloud and Collabora running through Traefik.

But, I don't see the app referred to in step 6: "Collabora Online connector". In the "Office & Text" section for apps I only see the two options to install the Built-In Server.

Is there possibly a missing step to use a beta repo for Nextcloud apps or something?
I think the name changed and it's called "Office Online integration"

indivision

Guru
I think the name changed and it's called "Office Online integration"

Yep. That was it. Thank you!

The app to install is called "Nextcloud Office" now, to be exact. That creates a new section in the Administration settings called "Office" where you can point to your separate Collabora server. For me, turning OFF "Disable Certificate Verification" was needed.

Bashern

Dabbler

indivision

Guru
I could be missing something. But, it appears that the "Office Online Integration" plugin doesn't work with Nextcloud version 25.

I couldn't find any discussions clarifying if they have plans to update the plugin. Anyone else have any luck finding a solution to get it going again with 25?

adrianwi

Guru
Not that it helps, but 25.0.1 still works well with the ONLYOFFICE integration

indivision

Guru
Not that it helps, but 25.0.1 still works well with the ONLYOFFICE integration

Actually, that would help! :)

Are you using the same method from this thread with that "Office Online Integration" plugin? Or, are you using one of the other methods?

For me, it says that plugin requires version 24 or older. It still has the enable button. But, I just didn't try due to the warning...

adrianwi

Guru
I'm running 13.0-U3 CORE and have Nextcloud 25.0.1 running in jail (created many versions ago using a method that originally descibed installing ownCloud!) and a small ubuntu server VM running ONLYOFFICE Document Server as decribed here (I think). It's been working well for many years although only had ~10-15 users.

indivision

Guru
I'm running 13.0-U3 CORE and have Nextcloud 25.0.1 running in jail (created many versions ago using a method that originally descibed installing ownCloud!) and a small ubuntu server VM running ONLYOFFICE Document Server as decribed here (I think). It's been working well for many years although only had ~10-15 users.

Aha. You're right. That doesn't help as I'm using a much different config on Scale.

Bashern

Dabbler
1. Guide needs to be updated with new proxy locations, see https://sdk.collaboraonline.com/doc...tings.html#reverse-proxy-with-nginx-webserver

2. The YAML should not have the period escaped with a backslash, as these backslashes are now passed on to the environment variable.

3. 'domain' has been replaced with 'aliasgroup1' 'aliasgroup2' 'aliasgroup3', etc.

version: '3.3'
services:
code:
ports:
- '9980:9980'
container_name: collabora-code
environment:
- aliasgroup1=cloud.mydomain.com
- server_name=collabora.mydomain.com
- username=admin
- password=secret
- 'extra_params=--o:ssl.enable=false --o:ssl.termination=true'