TrueNas SCALE Nextcloud and Collabora integration

kalden

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I've installed fresh last ver of SCALE 23.10.2 and trying to get Nextcloud working
I have problem with collabora server, I can't make to talk to each other collabora and nextcloud.

The other topics are pretty outdated, looks like evrything should go smooth or at least is there somewhere recent tutorial describing Collabora and Nextcloud behing Nginx reverse proxy. Things seems pity even for newbies but they are not, at least for me. For sure there is some missconfiguration on the collabora server. The worst is the mess... TrueNas espert is saying that collabora needs ssl to communicate but the default config options are --o:ssl.termination=true and --o:ssl.enable=false
and the expert guy is attaching default TrueNas cert. I change these options but then my server is not deploying any more. :)

But if I keep original options NC administration when choose collabora server is talking to https:// on the port http - so seems like there is some mess or misunderstanding by me how it should be configured. No one article I found explaining clearly how it should be set.
Is someone here who was doing this installation recently so can give some hints?

Thank you in advance my friends...
I'm hobbyst trying to popularize home servers solutions for home cloud. People with knowledge like me should easy make home Nextcloud server on TrueNas available, general knowledge should be enough and some IT, few good tutorials and thats all. For experst this kind of simply installation shoudn't take more than one hour (with all that time waiting when baking) for beginners no more than one day. I just don't understand what is the problem? Many experts is doing lots of advanced coding, future of TrueNas is bright for small and big ones. But for small, support is amateur (I'm not saying that lame but amateur), that means very general explanations. But it should go Bang! Bang! Bang! and done! But is oposite, rather than bang, screaming wife above the head "what the f* you doing at front this comp :)... Because I promised some friends to set Nextcloud for Community. And is not that bad to not to have everything beautiful and clean click and go, but at least should be well done tutorial, even if you wanna pay for that. Lets do small payable tutorials, you pay 10 bucks but you know you will have job done. Ballanced economy is very important in Open Source, people use to doing things for free but this model is outdated because just simply doesn't work, because is missing energy ballance, if you giving you should receive and if you receiving you should give. Because if is totally for free is just not working, we need to eat and have another expenses in life. And if some guys is doing something important for years for free do you think someone will appreciate their work? in general no they will just suck the energy as long as the poor donor will maintain it. We must go faster on the track, out there are bilions of users who wish to have cloud system at home. Personally have nice vision of decentralized home networks, I love that much more than tech giants.

Well my first Email on forum, just to say hello :), trying to get back on track after many many years not doing anything with linuxes and comps in general, what I saw in general nothing has much changed for last few decades :) :) :)

Thank you all doing that movement, very very important...
BR

kalden

Cadet
Just to let you know that I've installed from TrueCharts repo and started "from the finger" no any port forwarding on nginx or whatever, is for lamers version but I moving forward, uf.. fonialy I have time to learn kubernetes. I love to go on Vue and there is my main place but first I must have configured my home server first :) few things more and I'm back to Vue :)

moch love
Get peace, get simply get grow, wish you all

kalden

Cadet
Just to let you know that I've installed from TrueCharts repo and started "from the finger" no any port forwarding on nginx or whatever, is for lamers version but I moving forward, uf.. fonialy I have time to learn kubernetes. I love to go on Vue and there is my main place but first I must have configured my home server first :) few things more and I'm back to Vue :)

moch love
Get peace, get simply get grow, wish you all
I forgot to add
Thank you TrueCharts Community,
if you need tester for coming updates apps, I will be glad to help and make tutorials, this way I will learn faster to have someone to give hints and move things forward as should be.
You know now how to find me :)