Next Cloud plugin

Bureaua

Explorer
Im running TrueNAS 12.0 Stable. I have assigned a static IP address to TrueNAS root.

When I try installing the Next Cloud plugin, whether I use NAT or DHCP for Next Cloud, Im always getting an error message after its initial validation that the Jail is missing its configuration. Im at lost. I can't figure what's wrong with the resources I have. Thank You

joeschmuck

Old Man
Please search the forums, there are several postings on how to setup NextCloud on TrueNAS within the past few days. I just started playing with it myself, not sure it's the solution for me yet but it was not as easy as clicking Install and letting it run.

Bureaua

Explorer
Please search the forums, there are several postings on how to setup NextCloud on TrueNAS within the past few days. I just started playing with it myself, not sure it's the solution for me yet but it was not as easy as clicking Install and letting it run.
I know, I have been fighting with it for 2 full days trying to get it going..If you find how, please let me know==Thanks

joeschmuck

Old Man
I ended up installing NextCloud as a VM on ESXi. I will tackle putting it on TrueNAS if I figure out NextCloud is what I want. There is a script written by danb35, do a search for that thread.

Bureaua

Explorer
I ended up installing NextCloud as a VM on ESXi. I will tackle putting it on TrueNAS if I figure out NextCloud is what I want. There is a script written by danb35, do a search for that thread.
Yes I found and looked at danb35. It is too complex for me to run. I don't know command line and would like to understand what Im doing instead of running a script. I want to ensure my home cloud is secure.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes I found and looked at danb35. It is too complex for me to run. I don't know command line and would like to understand what Im doing instead of running a script. I want to ensure my home cloud is secure.
If it's seams too complicated then another option is to buy a NextCloud appliance, I was reading that the software comes basically preconfigured with of course a few exceptions. If you choose to go that route then I'd recommend you read up on it first so there are no surprises. What is easy for some folks can turn out to be difficult for others. I'm not a networking person so sometimes that can be a challenge for me.

Bureaua

Explorer
If it's seams too complicated then another option is to buy a NextCloud appliance, I was reading that the software comes basically preconfigured with of course a few exceptions. If you choose to go that route then I'd recommend you read up on it first so there are no surprises. What is easy for some folks can turn out to be difficult for others. I'm not a networking person so sometimes that can be a challenge for me.
Thank You---Il will look into it