Migrate volume from FreeNAS to XigmaNas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perondas

Cadet
I want to change OS on my nas from Freenas to XigmaNas without having to move my data somwhere else. Can i just istall the new os and then import the volume?

kdragon75

Wizard
You might be better off asking on their form. I don't know how many people here have switched AND stayed active here.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So XigmaNAS is the new name for NAS4Free, which was the new name for the old FreeNAS. No, that won't be confusing at all. But as long as they haven't removed ZFS support, I'd expect you should be able to import your pool there without issues.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Seems like a very bad idea, since the XigmaNAS people don't even seem to know what zpool version 5000 means.

That said, export the pool in FreeNAS, import it in NAS4Free XigmaNAS.

zoon01

Cadet
Seems like a very bad idea, since the XigmaNAS people don't even seem to know what zpool version 5000 means.

That said, export the pool in FreeNAS, import it in NAS4Free XigmaNAS.

Really, are you sure about that!
I think you should moderate your own post!

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you wish to prove me wrong, fix your website.

https://www.xigmanas.com/index.php?id=3 said:
ZFS v5000 (Feature Flags)
The excerpt above is absolutely meaningless. It could be anything from "LZ4 compression and large blocks" to all current ones. I know that it's most likely everything in the version of FreeBSD on which the release is based, but I sure as hell don't know that from the marketing blurb. It sounds like something thrown in there with little knowledge of the subject to pad out a features list.

In my view, you have two options here: Either specify that the latest feature flags supported in FreeBSD are supported, with a supporting link; or just say OpenZFS and keep vague, leading people to just assume you're tracking FreeBSD. But "ZFS v5000 (Feature Flags)" just screams "we have no idea what we're talking about!"

m0nkey_

MVP
Really, are you sure about that!
I think you should moderate your own post!
To be fair, the concept of version numbers has been long gone. ZFS now goes by feature flags. See man zpool-features for your operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.