Issues importing pool from xigmanas

haze_1986

Cadet
Hi All, I have successfully imported one of my pools from xigmanas. The size shows up correct under storage but no datasets were found and ls /mnt shows nothing. I was thinking of exporting and reimporting again but get the notification that the pool contains system dataset.

May I know if I should proceed and if I'm doing the right thing or if there's better options to troubleshoot?

Current system i5-3470 on a B75 board, 16gb hynix rams

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I believe that's totally expected. Your datasets probably got mounted wherever XigmaNAS had them mounted. TrueNAS typically mounts them under "/mnt/${poolname}/${datasetname}" and sets the ZFS "mountpoint" property accordingly. So you'd need to set the mountpoint for ${poolname} to /mnt/${poolname}, for /mnt/${poolname}/${datasetname}, etc.

It's possible that there's some corrective mechanism to patch an imported pool but I am not aware of it. Feel free to Report a Bug (see top bar of web page) and see if there's commentary from the developers.

haze_1986

Cadet
Hi, you are right. I have found the data to be at /mnt/mnt/{myPool}
I have found several threads on this, with recommended solutions. Will try the export-import in cli method and report back if it works.

haze_1986

Cadet
Hi, you are right. I have found the data to be at /mnt/mnt/{myPool}
I have found several threads on this, with recommended solutions. Will try the export-import in cli method and report back if it works.
Would like to share that running
Code:
zpool export {myPool}
zpool import -R / {myPool}

did not work for me. It did get mounted at /mnt/{myPool} but the system does not sees it in the storage dashboard at all. I would very much still wish to preserve the data in the disk so would await further recommendations.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Right. The middleware is not constantly polling the system to see if someone manually imported a pool. Once you have the mountpoint properties set the way they need to be, THEN export the pool, and then use the GUI to import the pool. At that point the middleware knows to rescan for newly mounted pools.

haze_1986

Cadet
Thanks alot for your prompt reply. May I know how do I export via cli now?

Currently:
ls /mnt/myPool is empty
ls /mnt/mnt/myPool is empty

Did I lose my data?
Is there a way to export via cli now?

haze_1986

Cadet
Hi All, problem solved for anyone having same issue:

Code:
zfs set mountpoint=/myPool myPool

this will change the mountpoint to /mnt/myPool, no restart or export and reimport required for my case. Dataset was automatically appearing and shares can now be added.