Login "Missing"

Redcoat

MVP
Please post the screenshot. What "same message"?

Last edited:

Mrfix71

Dabbler
Not being funny or anything, I may not be explaining things correctly as a newb.
The "web interface cannot be accessed"
, 20210307_192617.jpg

Redcoat

MVP
When I connect the PC to the port with that MAC and try to connect, I get the same results as I have been. Running the command again, the 100base TX disappeared.
What same result? Why is the PC disconnected? Leave it on the port that gives you the port that provided you with the output you earlier gave the screenshots for and issue the commands.

Mrfix71

Dabbler
That is what I have done. I have not moved any cables since the earlier test when you commented on the bge5. Running those earlier commands again, bge5...
20210307_193454.jpg
This would be so much easier if I could just screenshot from the server or iDrac.

Redcoat

MVP
OK, so finally have the answer. Console doesn't give you an IP.

This is a networking problem, just as @danb35 earlier advised, that we don't seem to have enough information to solve.

I do believe that you can connect to bge5. That's all I know. Earlier you made a remark about all interfaces being on the same subnet, making me think that you had a multiplicity of interfaces active on the same subnet. If that's the case I suggest you disable all of them except the active interface until this system is operational. I have nothing else to suggest based on your feedback so far.

Last edited:

Mrfix71

Dabbler
I can definitely try that and focus on one. By disabling, are you referring to unplugging the ports or thru the switch interface?

I tip my hat to you Redcoat for all you are doing to help!

Redcoat

MVP
Disconnect all the network cables for any other port than that for bge5 to which you have your pc connected as a start. Next will be removing any IP assignments made for any other interfaces on your TrueNAS box (if we're not making progress).

Last edited:

Mrfix71

Dabbler
SOLVED! Low and Behold I got to the Web GUI after disconnecting all the ports except #1 of the embedded NIC which turner out to be bge-9. Luckily I maintain a network device MAC roster which I was able to identify which bge to focus on, reconfigured the network interface, and turned off the DCHP. The network interface IP address popped up under the console menu and when I entered the address into the browser, the FreeNAS GUI popped up.

Redcoat

MVP
SOLVED! Low and Behold I got to the Web GUI after disconnecting all the ports except #1 of the embedded NIC which turner out to be bge-9. Luckily I maintain a network device MAC roster which I was able to identify which bge to focus on, reconfigured the network interface, and turned off the DCHP. The network interface IP address popped up under the console menu and when I entered the address into the browser, the FreeNAS GUI popped up.
Glad you are in. I have read your other thread- seems that you have more work to do ...