Apparent Power Outage - No Connectivity

Mrfix71

Dabbler
Came home to find an apparent power outage. After restart, I cannot connect to my server. I can access the iDRAC successfully and TrueNAS boot to the main menu shown on external monitor, but not to the address shown as the user interface address. Ports on my switch are lit up and appear active. However, accessing the router to list devices does not show any of the server's NIC, nor does running Angry IP Scan. Everything I have, shy of portable devices without ethernet ports, are hard wired with static assigned IP addresses.

The server is used to stream misc and other media using PLEX. Very cautious about losing data, which I have done a few times in the past getting familiar with FreeNAS.

Does your TrueNAS server have another Ethernet port to see if you can get it to connect with that?

chuck32

Guru
Can you attach the server directly to the router / use another switch?

What address is shown on the console? Did it change?

You could use change your network interface settings to DHCP temporarily or use another Ethernet port on your machine (you seem to have more than one).

I have seen abrupt power disruptions lock up a LAN controller.

1. Shutdown system
2. Unplug power
3. Press and hold the power button to discharge any standby power
4. Plug in power
5. Boot system

Hopefully, that is it.

For the future, might be time to invest in a UPS to gracefully shutdown the system when power is lost.

Mrfix71

Dabbler
Thanks all for quick responses!
I do have all NIC ports connected to switch with 1 LAGG (4x 1gb ports on same card) and the 10GB card. The LAGG looks to be intact after peeking into the interface settings. Will try connecting directly to the empty router port as well as rebooting and discharge trick just in case. Had a UPS a while back before a bad spike killed it.

Mrfix71

Dabbler
Powered down and restarted server per recommendation, no change. Tried connecting directly to router, no change. Tried each NIC port, no change. Out of desperation, reset interfaces in TrueNAS interface and had success with first interface configured. Accessed the server with the address shown and now trying to open server thru PLEX.

Mrfix71

Dabbler
I see my data on the shared drive. GOOD
I can access the TrueNAS dashboard GOOD
I can see Plex plugin/jail is running GOOD
Plex is not showing my library NOT GOOD
Things are so slow in True NAS, which must be related to interfaces not matching anymore. Did have a LAGG running well after spending much time playing with settings. Server has a 2x10gb port card and a 4x1gb port card, each is connected to switch port.