Plugins won't load after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitsandnumbers

Dabbler
Hi,

I just had a power outage and now have some issues with my plugins. I don't think that this is the power outage the problem here though, but more because I had to install a new router (the old one burned) and setup everything in it again. I may have forgotten something in the process...

So here for what I get when I try to start any plugin (the "plugins" service start correctly) :

Jul 17 20:07:38 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:71] Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.2/plugins/minidlna/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Jul 17 20:07:38 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:71] Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.2/plugins/transmission/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Jul 17 20:07:38 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:71] Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.2/plugins/firefly/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway
Jul 17 20:07:55 freenas INADYN[2770]: INADYN:IP: Error '0x0' resolving host name 'checkip.dyndns.org'
Jul 17 20:07:55 freenas INADYN[2770]: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Jul 17 20:07:55 freenas INADYN[2770]: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 7)
Jul 17 20:10:17 freenas INADYN[2770]: INADYN:IP: Error '0x0' resolving host name 'checkip.dyndns.org'
Jul 17 20:10:17 freenas INADYN[2770]: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Jul 17 20:10:17 freenas INADYN[2770]: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 7)
Jul 17 20:12:39 freenas INADYN[2770]: INADYN:IP: Error '0x0' resolving host name 'checkip.dyndns.org'
Jul 17 20:12:39 freenas INADYN[2770]: W: DYNDNS: Error 'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) when talking to IP server
Jul 17 20:12:39 freenas INADYN[2770]: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 7)

Explainations:

> 192.168.1.2 is the ip of the freenas server
> epair0a has ip: 192.168.1.47, whereas epair0b is 192.168.1.51 (I setup the jail to have the latter ip address)
> I'm not sure if the INADYN error is related. My dynamic dns works correctly.
> I use my freenas as a dhcp server, with the help of dnsmasq (setup inside the jail). My server is setup so that dhcp go through freenas first and then router if something goes wrong (so dhcp disabled in router).
> All my local IP addresses are static, so .1.2 is freenas, .1.51 is jail, .1.11 is my computer and so on. All that is setup inside the router itself and dnsmasq.
> The plugins worked correctly before the power outage, with the former router. No changes have been made to freenas since regarding the jail or the plugins. So I assume there's something I forgot inside the router (maybe a NAT rule or sth), but I cannot figure out what...

All help appreciated :)

EDIT: I forgot > although the plugins won't turn on, MiniDLNA works (I can access my medias from my devices through DLNA), also true for Firefly, and Transmission webgui is accessible but cannot access internet (and I assume this is the whole issue here). Strange though that plugins are active even though they're turned off...

bitsandnumbers

Dabbler
Ok, I have news on this:

First thing I found is that www/freenasui/plugins/ miss the folders of the installed plugins (dlna, firefly, transmission). Hence Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.2/plugins/firefly/_s/status: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway , it simply does not exist anymore !

So I tried to delete the plugins from the WebGui: "Unable to remove plugin."
Then I tried to "update" a plugin : "Error: Plugins jail is not running. Start it before proceeding"
> I checked several times and the plugins jail *is* running and seem well.
Then I tried to "update" the plugins jail itself: "Unable to backup plugins" (obviously since they're not here ^^)

I don't want to delete the plugins jail, since my jail has a *lot* of things I don't want to loose. I have a backup though, so if there's a safe way to retrieve everything in case I need to delete the jail I need to know.

Strange thing is, although the www/freenasui/plugins/ folder miss the plugins themselves, I can access Transmission from web interface for instance (but there's nothing really working).

So is there a way to retrieve the missing folders to put them back ? Or is it more complicated than that ?

bitsandnumbers

Dabbler
Ok, found the issue: something in my dovecot, postfix setup was preventing the jail to fully load. I'll dig into that...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Running a server without an UPS causes all sorts of nasty problems... you should consider adding an UPS.

bitsandnumbers

Dabbler
Funny thing: I have one ^^

In fact, the outage came through the phone line, and I found my router's network chip burnt along with the server ready to shutdown (dunno how it happened, but the server was shutting itself down just after the outage). I bought a lightning conductor for the phone line, but the seller told me it's useless... wait and see ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.