Jellyfin not seeing subdirectories

phaelax

Dabbler
I installed jellyfin from truecharts catalog and configured the host path which points to my 'media' dataset. The hostpath type was set to default, but I'm not entirely sure what that means. When configuring jellyfin and adding a library, it sees my media mount and then the immediate subdirectories (shows, movies) I created under it from within windows (smb share). What it's not showing me is any of the directories under shows and movies thus it can't find any files. As far as I can tell from the console, shows and its subdirectories all have the same ownership and permissions. I don't know why it's not seeing anything deeper than the first level. Truenas isn't my introduction to linux, but I am still very new to it. I should mention that I have no trouble accessing the subdirectories from the smb share and when configuring the hostpath from app settings I can traverse into all the subdirectories inside media. So I don't know if its something specifically inside jellyfin or I'm forgetting another permission setting somewhere else . Any thoughts?

phaelax

Dabbler
I resolved the issue. While I had already added the user 'apps' to my media dataset as well as 'group@ - apps', I then added group apps (no @, not sure what the difference is) but also set the user apps to apply recursively. I'm not sure which one did the trick, I applied both at the same time.

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all

My server and my switch all crashed last week.

I reinstalled Proxmox and truenas scale as a vm from scratch,

I imported the datasets. All were there. I then deleted the ix-application dataset

I set all the ACLs as they were before (simple set up). I can access all my media and documents for all my devices. Excellent

I now want to reinstall Jellyfin (I installed from the truenas apps).
I now try to configure Jellyfin.

I leave all items as default

My dataset in truenas is structured as follows
/media
/Movies
/Music
/Tv Shows

Now I want to add additional storage

I add a folder. In the folder dropdown I do see "media" as an option. So i select /media.

and in share folders i add /media/ Movies and Jellyfin loads all my movies correctly. Great

Now i want to add my music library. Again i add /media to the folder and add /media/Music to the sare folder.

I do the same for my shows

However Jellyfin does not load any music or shows

All the permissions for the 3 datasets are identical and all have apps as users

(if i click on this media option i get a drop-down I get le list of all my movies. I should be getting only my directories that i have shared)

Thank you in advance for any suggestion you may provide to solve this issue