ISO problems on HP DL120 G7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssco01

Cadet
Hi. I have a weird problem with installing FreeNAS on a HP DL120 G7. The USB drive that I write the ISO to is simply not recognized at all. What I've tried:

I have tried both the FreeNAS 11.1 and 11.2-BETA1 ISOs.
I have tried four different USB sticks (all are verified to work with various Linux distros)
I have tried three different servers (same model, bios but with various mem/disk configs)
I have tried to write the ISOs using both dd and Etcher.
I can run the installers for FreeBSD, Debian, Ubuntu esxi, pfSense just fine using any of the above methods on any machine/usb key kombo.
I have noticed the same problem with the proxmox installer. It is not recognized either.

Any insights?

Ssco01

Cadet
The server has the latest BIOS. I find it very strange that i can boot almost anything except the FreeNAS installer on these machines. The only other ISO I've had problems with is proxmox. Everything else boots just fine.

Ssco01

Cadet
Ok. I have solved this so I'm posting this in case someone else runs into this.

The installer for FreeNAS 11.1 boots fine from the internal USB port (no other USB port works) while FreeNAS 11.2-BETA1 fails to boot even from the internal USB port. Once FreeNAS 11.1 is installed, it is trivial to upgrade to 11.2-BETA1 from the web UI.

There is no error message when trying to boot the 11.2-BETA1 installer from the internal USB port, just the message "btx version is 1.02" on a grey screen and then nothing else happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.