USB disconnects on HP DL360 G7 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggy

Cadet
Hi. I installed FreeNAS 11.1-U5 onto a USB flash drive on an HP DL360 G7 server. I am experiencing intermittent USB disconnects causing the OS to crash and system to reboot. I tried changing the power save settings in the BIOS and going as far as disabling all the BIOS power save settings and I still get intermittent USB disconnects.

Just as a test measure, I installed VyOS (Debian Linux based) router OS onto the flash drive and set the BIOS power save settings back to default values. Over a twenty-four hour period it did not experience a single USB disconnect.

I repeated the above using a different brand flash drive and experienced the same results.

Any ideas what default kernel/driver parameters in FreeNAS that may be causing these USB disconnects and what parameter values should be used to rectify the problem? Any other possible issues that may be causing the problem?

In advance, thanks for any help you can offer.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

otpi

Contributor
I have no idea what's bothering your usb. Have you tried different usb ports? I have used an HP ML 330 G6 for ~1 year and had no issues (~same gen cpu as your G7). I use an 8 GB usb stick in one of the internal usb ports for OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.