Cannot Access Web GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caribou Jim

Cadet
Here's the issue:

When FreeNAS is booting up, it eventually boots to the command gui. It lists the IP address as it should, however, when I try to connect to that IP from a different PC, it tries to load the webGUI, and then disconnects. If I monitor my network connections during that time, I notice that the NAS disconnects from my network the moment something attempts to connect to it.

I've tried manually setting the IP, I've ensured that my subnet mask is set correctly, I've factory reset my router as well as my FreeNAS settings, I've attempted to use the build of it on another PC to ensure it wasn't a faulty USB drive that it is being booted off of, I even loaded Windows onto it to make sure my NIC was connecting to the internet and maintaining the connection.

Anytime I try to load the web gui, or ping the NAS, it immediately disconnects, regardless if I change the IP or not. I'm convinced it is related to a BIOS setting I'm unaware of. I already had to disable my serial ports, as freeNAS would hang during boot due to them being enabled, I also had to disable ACPI, as freeNAS would hang on entropy harvesting with it enabled.

My NAS hardware:
8GB RAM,
Intel i3 processor
Super micro MBD-x10slv-q motherboard. Using Intel L217 onboard LAN and Intel L210-AT as the secondary.

If there is any other information needed, I would be more than happy to oblige. I just really want to get this to at least boot into the webGUI.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hmm. Somewhat odd. Intel NICs usually work fine. Has the WebGUI ever worked for you with this hardware or has this developed recently? What version of FreeNAS are you trying to use?

I will say that I cringed when I saw you had to disable ACPI. If you are having to disable ACPI there's usually serious problems ahead as ACPI has been standard in computers for a decade or more. Your motherboard definitely isn't on our recommended list. The Q87 chipset isn't something we'd ever recommend. I'm not sure if that's your problem or not. But it's something to consider.

Have you tried doing a RAM test since your hardware doesn't support ECC RAM?

Caribou Jim

Cadet
I haven't yet gotten it to work with this hardware, no.

If I recall, I disabled ACPI as without it, I don't believe it ever booted past the entropy harvesting step.

I was originally using 9.2.1.4, but then tried 9.2.0 just to see what would happen (no change)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'd try a RAM test and see if there's a BIOS update available(in that order). Other than that, I have no recommendations.

Caribou Jim

Cadet
I had already updated the BIOS, to no avail.

I reenabled ACPI, and took out one stick of RAM.

At that point, it was able to pull the WebGUI up. However, as soon as the NAS was rebooted, it stopped functioning.

Another large issue is that FreeNAS appears to hang at certain points of the booting process frequently.

Most often it hangs on the Entropy Harvesting step of the boot process.

Status
Not open for further replies.