Installing Telly in a FreeNAS 9.10 Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Self

Contributor
Has anyone had any success in installing Telly in a FreeNAS 9.10 Jail.

I have created a standard jail and done the pkg update and upgrade. I have then fetched the telly-1.0.3.freebsd-amd64.tar.gz release from GitHub, but when I try to extract the executable using tar, i get and error message "tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open '/dev/sa0'".

Has anyone had any success in installing Telly either on 9.10 or 11.?

Tony Self

Contributor
Were you able to get any farther with this?
No further progress. I put this on hold while I got Ombi working. Was waiting to see whether anyone else was having any luck.

Tony Self

Contributor
I have got telly installed and working and Plex setup and showing the program guide. Trouble is I can’t get any of the channels to play.

IAM using a m3u file I got from iptvsource.com, but I don’t think it is very stable.

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for a streaming subscription. I am only after UK free to air channels and Sky F1. And preferably someone who will give at least a 24 hour trial so I can make sure it all works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nojohnny101

Wizard
I'm not exactly sure if this is applicable in the UK, but in the US you just buy an OTA antenna, get a tuner, then pipe it into any number of applications (such as plex). Is that possible where you're at?

Tony Self

Contributor
Yes, that would work in the UK, but I am in Thailand at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony Self

Contributor
I reported earlier that I had got telly working, But how do I get it to run automatically when the jail starts up?

Status
Not open for further replies.