1st FreeNAS build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Just let me add here that I have (in the past) run Crucial RAM for my Supermicro boards
using the Crucial Advisor tool on their website. I went with Samsung for my new X11 board
(see Show button my sig) and have not had trouble with the three platforms. Crucial offers
a compatibility guarantee so you could return it for a refund if it does not work.

EDIT:

I went back and failed to find that number on the "approved" list for the X11SSM-F board, sorry!
Can you do me a favor and grab the Micron and Crucial part numbers for your DIMMs? I've been wondering if the Crucial DDR4 parts match the QVL's Micron parts.

Archaniel

Explorer
oooh my oh my oh my, I just put the stuff together and THANK GOD FOR IPMI!
I've put everything together and then I realised ... I got no keyboard o_O ... and VGA cable I managed to find only after quite a while, but it didn't help me much. So I set up the IPMI mac to a fixed addr and it worked. I'm so in love already with this mobo :D
All drives booted up, RAM works, atm performing memtest, which I booted via IPMI :)

I have a few questions though: in BIOS, there are some CPU -> Thermal options, like DTS - these are disabled by default - should I enable them?
I've turned off also COM2 as I didn't pull it out anyhow.
What else should I tweak to minimize power consumption?

this mah baby!

IMG_3043.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.