Resource icon

Install Heimdall Dashboard in a jail

victort

Guru
Code:
go install github.com/caddyserver/xcaddy/cmd/xcaddy@latest

I ran this with no errors from the root of heimdall.
Then this,

Code:
xcaddy build --output /usr/local/bin/caddy --with github.com/caddy-dns/cloudflare

Returns

xcaddy: Command not found.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So for some reason, I'd missed that go install puts the resulting binaries in ~/go/bin/, which isn't part of your path. Copy it into your path with cp /root/go/bin/xcaddy /usr/local/bin/xcaddy, and then try the xcaddy command again.

victort

Guru
So for some reason, I'd missed that go install puts the resulting binaries in ~/go/bin/, which isn't part of your path. Copy it into your path with cp /root/go/bin/xcaddy /usr/local/bin/xcaddy, and then try the xcaddy command again.
This worked.

victort

Guru
So, when trying to go to settings, or update app list, I’m met with 500 Server Error.

I’ve looked in the heimdall site and tried everything like clearing cache and browser history, but it still shows the error.

As I know this wasn’t the case when I set it up.
Where would I find logs for this?
Caddy log doesn’t show anything.

danb35

Hall of Famer
So, when trying to go to settings, or update app list, I’m met with 500 Server Error.
I'm not able to duplicate this under CORE 13--just installed with the defaults and I'm able to go to and update settings, update the app list, add apps, etc. In addition to /var/log/caddy/caddy.log, there may also be relevant information in /var/log/heimdall-access.log and /var/log/php-fpm.log. But I'd guess it's something to do with permissions--you'll want everything in /usr/local/www/html/ to be owned by www:www.

victort

Guru
I'm not able to duplicate this under CORE 13--just installed with the defaults and I'm able to go to and update settings, update the app list, add apps, etc. In addition to /var/log/caddy/caddy.log, there may also be relevant information in /var/log/heimdall-access.log and /var/log/php-fpm.log. But I'd guess it's something to do with permissions--you'll want everything in /usr/local/www/html/ to be owned by www:www.
Fresh install seems to work fine.

Ill give it a few days and see if it acts up again.

danb35

Hall of Famer
It's very unlikely that Caddy is using a cert you obtained other than through Caddy, or that it's using a wildcard--its normal behavior is to generate individual certs for each hostname on its own. But with that said, you should find any certs in /var/db/caddy/data inside the jail.

Khoraji

Cadet
Hi !

I Installed Heimdall using the guide successfully, all seemed well, however when trying to access the webui I get 500 Server error.
I've no idea how to sort this, im on TrueNAS-13.0-U4 and this is my heimdall log:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424_223507.png
    Screenshot_20230424_223507.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 98