Install FreeNAS 8.2.0-BETA3 - A NanoBSD Image that uses the whole flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

citation48

Cadet
FreeNAS 8.2.0-BETA3 uses 2GB of my 16GB flash drive. I want to create a FreeNAS 8.2-BETA3 nanobsd image that uses the whole flash drive. How do I change this?

The "FlashDevice generic" line (inside the "freenas-common" file) used to be the setting to change the size of your nanobsd image in versions 8.0 - 8.0.4, but I don't see that file anymore.

ProtoSD

MVP
They've completely redone the build scripts. It's just called "common" now.

EDIT: I see that you duplicate/cross-posted. If you'd checked at the top of the "nanobsd" area where you crossposted, you'd find the post where I already answered the same question.

ProtoSD

MVP
Citation,

Please check the forum rules, I found this same question posted 3 times by you in different areas including the HowTo section which is not for questions.

citation48

Cadet
Quote from "protosd": "They've completely redone the build scripts. It's just called "common" now."

Where is the "FlashDevice generic" line inside the "trunk/nanobsd/common" file? I don't see it anymore. Where can you change the size of a nanobsd image with regards to FreeNAS 8.2.x? It looks as if the developers removed this feature in 8.2.x. What's up with that?

ProtoSD

MVP
It's been moved to nanobsd.sh

Just about everything the developers do is for a good reason even though that may not be apparent.

citation48

Cadet
It's been moved to nanobsd.sh

Just about everything the developers do is for a good reason even though that may not be apparent.

Can you give me a little more detail. What are the steps I need to take to make a FreeNAS 16GB nanobsd image?

Everything I've been trying in the nanobsd.sh file to create nanobsd images larger than the default (2GB) has failed.

What is the exact line that I need to edit in the nanobsd.sh file to create a 16GB nanobsd image.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi citation48,

This might be a silly question, but why are you even bothering with this? If you want to install other software just do it in the plug-in jail....that's the whole reason it's there! If you just feel bad about not using the 14GB of flash on the key just pony up the $5.00 for a 4GB key and get some proper use out of the 16GB key.

-Will

Status
Not open for further replies.